The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having issues with the RH electric window in my '05 Elise. The drive cable became somewhat tangled inside the door panel and during the process of untangling, more damage was done to the drive cable and a replacement is now needed. The issue is that I'm unable to find a part number for a replacement cable. Is the cable included with the window winder drum? Any insight would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
1,767 Posts

·
Administrator
1,767 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The drive cable that pulls the window up and down. Ill post some pictures if I can figure out how this afternoon.

·
Administrator
1,767 Posts
Ok understand now that you're having drive cable issue not wiring harness issue. Did some searching and looks like they don't see separately is the cable physically damaged? I found some links that might help you and first one i think had another link to DIY fix. I hope these can help you if you get no other suggestions. DIY repair Elise Power Window Regulator / Motor ,Evora window regulator cable repair, Window regulator is how much!!!, Rebuild and Return Power Window Regulators - Power Window Repair, Window regulator assy Richard

·
Administrator
1,767 Posts
If you do the DIY route they suggested a hydraulic crimper and they're pricey this unit might just work for you just make sure of the collar size that you're using and see if it matches. I had to crimp 2ga and some small galvanized cable recently and I just used this crimper. If you're near a WEST marine they allow customers to use their crimper in the store. https://www.amazon.com/Sanuke-Crimping-Electrical-Terminal-Connectors/dp/B07YWD2HXP/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=Battery+Cable+Lug+Crimping+Tool&qid=1590514393&sr=8-6 Richard

Reactions: StressCraxx

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
I bought my Elise 3 months ago knowing the RH window cable had failed. It's a straightforward process to R&R the assembly per the above link Catsailr27 posted. I didn't have a crimper either and was facing some time issues, so I bought a nice used assembly from Shinoo for a reasonable price. Worked perfectly for me and I'm going to replace the cable on the one I removed, keeping as a spare. West Marine has the cable and so does aircraft spruce. Both are quality cable, avoid the imported hardware store/Amazon stuff. https://www.inokinetic.com/boneyard-electrical/used-window-lift-mechanism-electric-rh-b117u0390f

1 - 7 of 7 Posts