The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Blue Meanie - 2006 Polar Blue Elise & Bernice - 2010 Chilli Red Mini Cooper S
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. A few weeks back, a buddy did some amateur video of The Blue Meanie. I was fortunate enough to have a few Lotus buddies join in for the fun.

Some notes on what I like first....
1) Obviously the shots of the five of us. 3 Elise, an Exige, aaaand an Esprit!
2) How the wheels seem to stop rolling or begin rollin backwards as we're driving. Love that optical illusion.
3) How the cameraman inadvertantly focused on the sign of the BEST PIZZA IN NORTHWEST INDIANA! Albano's. Oh sooo good. Yes the gauntlet has been thrown down to my NWI brethren.
4) My racing stripes (that obviously give me more horsepower, duh) flashing in the sun at the 5:58 mark. Guessing each flash gets me another 10hp?
5) Finally, sorry for the ego, but my fat a$$ is graceful as $hit getting out of it. :ROFLMAO:

What I didn't like....
1) How fat I look. Of course, we all know the camera adds 50 or 70 pounds sooooo.

Hope you all dig it. I do!

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,725 Posts
Wow, that looked like you all had some real FUN! We gotta talk soon Bruda...

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Well that sure did look like fun!! The only disappointment I had is I'm a fan of Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue and was looking forward to having that as a background track at some point!
But I could tell the music theme was NOT of that inclination...lol

·
Premium Member
The Blue Meanie - 2006 Polar Blue Elise & Bernice - 2010 Chilli Red Mini Cooper S
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that sure did look like fun!! The only disappointment I had is I'm a fan of Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue and was looking forward to having that as a background track at some point!
But I could tell the music theme was NOT of that inclination...lol
It was not! Sorry buddy. But yeah it was a pretty fun day allright!

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,725 Posts
No, but I'll watch for a third time. So fun, I had to watch twice. I saw a set of my tail lights too. Fun to see some of my influence. I have a new toy for you to play with too. Mailing soon.

Reactions: Catsailr27

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, but I'll watch for a third time. So fun, I had to watch twice. I saw a set of my tail lights too. Fun to see some of my influence. I have a new toy for you to play with too. Mailing soon.
Really! I'm intrigued! Thanks man!

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,725 Posts

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,725 Posts
More of my influence... :ROFLMAO::LOL::cool:

·
Administrator
2005 Lotus Elise
2,725 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Came for Gershwin, stayed for the shots and what must be the least awkward Elise exit caught on video.
Thank you! My wife watched and was like, “how do you do that?” LOL!

·
Administrator
13,551 Posts
Ok never did see the LT easter egg even after watching three times. Noticed RL lights right off the bat, Great edit and mix good thing didn't start it with Cannonball we would have expected a Cannonball speed video. I noticed some earbuds in there any recommendations for noise reduction on long runs?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts