The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be moving and Euroclasics would be the closest dealer so I'd likely be getting it serviced there.. anyone have any experience with them?

·
Registered
418 Posts
I bought my Elise from Euroclassics two years ago. They are a small Lotus dealership (and a larger Porsche dealership). I selected them over the closer (in distance, but not rush hour drive time) Maryland dealership because I liked the people and they are sports car enthusiasts, not just car sales people.

The Lotus sales staff seems to turn over pretty frequently possibly because they don't sell many cars. Service is done in the Porsche service area next door. They have one dedicated service tech who seems to know his stuff. I have had my Elise serviced there several times with no complaints. If you make an appointment for service, they always have the Lotus tech available. With only one tech, you could have a scheduling problem if you drop in unannounced. Since I have a two hour drive to get to Euroclassics, I always tell them I'll wait. Most of the time my car gets taken in first and I'm back on the road in a couple of hours. In the event you need a rental car, Enterprise is next door. The service contact for Lotus is now a different person from the Porsche service manager. He is also the parts manager and seems very enthusiastic.

I like the dealership and the people. Even though I only need to visit once or twice a year, they always remember me and greet me by name. I guess that comes with being relatively small. They also sponsor a track day at VIR in October and an autocross day at RIR in March jointly with the local Porsche club.

When I ordered my car it came with the wrong interior. This was a Lotus factory issue during build since the order was submitted correctly. The dealership, right up to the owner, got involved with Lotus to make things right. The result was my car was made right, I am a happy owner, and I will recommend Euroclassics to anyone in the area.

PM me if you have more questions or if you want contact names and numbers.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Went there once for some warranty work and was happy with the service. They seemed to know what was going on and didn't hassle me at all.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I dont want to share my story until the situation has been finalized. :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts