The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I Have Commitment Issues
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any owners in the Richmond area?

Im in the process of moving out there and would like meet up with some of the local owners.

We can also use this thread to organize any cruises or events.:UK:

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
There are a few Lotus in and around Richmond. It seems half have an Elise/Exige/Evora the other half one of the older models. The one guy who organized group rides moved away a few years ago. Richmond is a pretty cool place.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Elise owner here. I'm in Charlottesville, and I know one other Elise owner in town. That's about 1hr west of Richmond, but you'll go by here to get to the good driving locations!

·
user /tron
880 Posts
Elise owner here. I'm in Charlottesville, and I know one other Elise owner in town. That's about 1hr west of Richmond, but you'll go by here to get to the good driving locations!
Which one is yours? BRG with stripes? I'm also in Cville, but don't own a lotus - I just lurk here while saving up for my Exige. You should come autocross. I'll be the one in the loud, blue STI on big hoosiers :shift:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Welcome to Richmond Lowtush. There are at several Lotus owners in Richmond. A good way to meet some of them as well as other car enthusiasts is a Cars and Coffee group that meets every other Saturday (with occasional pushes for weather). Best way to get details on those events is to join the FB group "Cars and Coffee Richmond". Hope to meet you at one of the events, give a shout if I can help with any orientation to Richmond.

Jeff

·
Registered
181 Posts
Which one is yours? BRG with stripes? I'm also in Cville, but don't own a lotus - I just lurk here while saving up for my Exige. You should come autocross. I'll be the one in the loud, blue STI on big hoosiers :shift:
That would be me. Where do you autox? I would love to put my car through some stress...

·
I Have Commitment Issues
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to Richmond Lowtush. There are at several Lotus owners in Richmond. A good way to meet some of them as well as other car enthusiasts is a Cars and Coffee group that meets every other Saturday (with occasional pushes for weather). Best way to get details on those events is to join the FB group "Cars and Coffee Richmond". Hope to meet you at one of the events, give a shout if I can help with any orientation to Richmond.

Jeff
Thanks jeff Im planning on attending once I get everything situated. possibly organize a lotus meet and do a little drive.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Lowtush - welcome to Richmond! I agree with Jeff - C&C is a great place to meet others. There are a good number Lotus owners in the area, hopefully when the weather is nice again we'll see more coming out. Looking forward to meeting you - I have a nightfall blue Exige.

Cyrus

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
I Have Commitment Issues
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
definitely looking forward to meeting you guys. have you guys done Euro Sport DC? Its a great event I have done it 2yrs now.

Also where is the closest dealer to you guys?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I haven't but would like to hear more about it some time!

There is actually a C&C event this Saturday if you're free.

Dealers... EuroMotorcars in DC is the closest. A lot of the Richmond guys I've met do things themselves. There are a few local shops people have gone to, with mixed experiences.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
definitely looking forward to meeting you guys. have you guys done Euro Sport DC? Its a great event I have done it 2yrs now.

Also where is the closest dealer to you guys?

Speaking of which, I've been trying to find a date for this year's event, have you seen one??

·
I Have Commitment Issues
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a tuned bugeye wagon and a FXT that's a working in progress, I hope there's a good suby crowd too.

I haven't but would like to hear more about it some time!

There is actually a C&C event this Saturday if you're free.

Dealers... EuroMotorcars in DC is the closest. A lot of the Richmond guys I've met do things themselves. There are a few local shops people have gone to, with mixed experiences.

I still haven't relocated yet. In the process of closing on the house.

Speaking of which, I've been trying to find a date for this year's event, have you seen one??
I don't think it's been released yet.

·
user /tron
880 Posts
That would be me. Where do you autox? I would love to put my car through some stress...
Mostly out towards richmond or at Verona. The brr-scca.org, NASA mid-atlantic, VMSC, and shenandoah region PCA all run autocrosses that I go to when I can. Check all their websites for schedules. I think the next one is June 1 at Verona with the PCA but all makes of cars are welcome obviously.

·
user /tron
880 Posts
I have a tuned bugeye wagon and a FXT that's a working in progress, I hope there's a good suby crowd too.

I still haven't relocated yet. In the process of closing on the house.

I don't think it's been released yet.
Nice! I had a bugeye (sedan) as you can see in my avatar. I've been considering an FXT as a DD if I can't find a legacy GT wagon w MT which is a bit of a unicorn car. Theres a big subaru crowd in Charlottesville, and I'm sure there is in richmond too; though the few I've seen at C&CR were a bit....ricey I guess. Too many flat brimmed hats for me - one of the reasons I kinda want to get out of the Subarus.

·
I Have Commitment Issues
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice! I had a bugeye (sedan) as you can see in my avatar. I've been considering an FXT as a DD if I can't find a legacy GT wagon w MT which is a bit of a unicorn car. Theres a big subaru crowd in Charlottesville, and I'm sure there is in richmond too; though the few I've seen at C&CR were a bit....ricey I guess. Too many flat brimmed hats for me - one of the reasons I kinda want to get out of the Subarus.
A buddy of mine has your unicorn. They are certainly hard to find from what he tells me. FXT has a lot more trunk room

·
Registered
12 Posts
bump... just bought an Elise... these next few months of ownership will help me decide whether or not to keep it long term, but I should be out to C&CR one of these days.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts