The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi LT Members,

I was en route to Fox Valley Motorsports today to test drive an 05 Elise when I got a call from the dealer that it had just sold. I am in the process of exploring and hopefully soon buying an Elise and would love to ride in one if anyone is willing to give me a ride.

If anyone in the Chicago area would be willing to take me for a brief drive I will treat you to lunch, dinner or drinks and loads of gratitude!

I can drive to meet at your convenience and my weekends are wide open. Unfortunately I spend weekdays out of town for work, so Friday through Sunday would be best.

Thank you all in advance,

Josh

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Where in Chicago are you located?

There are a bunch of us around here. Some in the burbs, a few in the city.

Are you working with Todd at FVMC? He's Moto44 on here. Fantastic guy and a great friend of all of ours. A true Lotus enthusiast.

He's got 60th Anniv Elise and usually works on Saturdays. Ping him - I'm sure he'd be happy to accommodate you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SwingLo,

I had a chance to speak with Todd today about a low mileage Elise they had at the dealership, very nice guy. Unfortunately it sold before I could check it out.

I live in Lincoln Park very close to Clark and Fullerton. I can make the drive to the burbs anytime if anyone wants to go out for a spin. I've been obsessing over the Elise for a while and want to pull the trigger soon!

Thanks,

Josh

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
You could also show up to supercar Saturday in may at the Bolingbrook promenade. There will be a bunch of us there and I'm sure one of us will take you for a quick ride.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stinkyonion, I sent you a PM. It would be great to meet.

Pooter, I plan on attending. I'm looking forward to meeting the community.

Regards,

Josh

·
Registered
29 Posts
2006 Lotus Magnetic Blue Metallic or 2005 Lotus Nightfall Blue Metallic? I think both cars sold around the same time.

I am also from Chicago and I decided my next car will be a Lotus Elise. It's hard to find a Lotus in mint condition in Chicago.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
2006 Lotus Magnetic Blue Metallic or 2005 Lotus Nightfall Blue Metallic? I think both cars sold around the same time.

I am also from Chicago and I decided my next car will be a Lotus Elise. It's hard to find a Lotus in mint condition in Chicago.
Really?

We are fortunate in that we have arguably the best Lotus dealer on the planet in FVMC. These are limited production cars so may need to branch out as others have.

Either way, ping Todd (Moto44 here on the forum) at FVMC and see what he can find for you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Black Mamba,
It was the Midnight Blue. I am not necessarily looking for a mint condition car, I would like to stay under 30K miles and small visual imperfections are not deal breakers. I just want to go ride in one of these to justify the obsession I have developed.

SwingLo,
Todd told me he would keep me posted on FVMS inventory but I will ping him to see if he knows of any other options. Also, I saw some specs and pics of your car on another thread, looks impressive!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts