The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my Vin Number From Bill R..
Car is expected to arrive in port this
Friday, the 17th, according to Bill.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Congrats.

And welcome to the last phase of the waiting game.

My car arrived at port @ Nov 14th. Tomorrow will be Dec 14th. No call yet to come pick up my car. And my dealer is practically in the same city as the distribution center.

Ship arrives at port, but was taking 5-6 days to get into a berth in Long Beach to be unloaded. Takes xx days to clear customs. Takes xx days to ship the container to the distribution center. Takes xx days to unpack car and apply Starshield. Takes xx days to truck car over to dealer. Takes a day or two for dealer to prep the car for pick-up.

It should be possible to accomplish this in well under 30 days, but that doesn't seem to be happening. Hurry up and wait. :(

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jml1952 said:
Congrats.

And welcome to the last phase of the waiting game.

My car arrived at port @ Nov 14th. Tomorrow will be Dec 14th. No call yet to come pick up my car. And my dealer is practically in the same city as the distribution center.

Ship arrives at port, but was taking 5-6 days to get into a berth in Long Beach to be unloaded. Takes xx days to clear customs. Takes xx days to ship the container to the distribution center. Takes xx days to unpack car and apply Starshield. Takes xx days to truck car over to dealer. Takes a day or two for dealer to prep the car for pick-up.

It should be possible to accomplish this in well under 30 days, but that doesn't seem to be happening. Hurry up and wait. :(
The port workers problems must
certainly have added to your wait. For
what its worth, I was told that there
is a possible delivery of the car, two
weeks after reaching port, and the
worst scenario putting it at mid Jan..
Will post any real data as I receive it.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
At least it looks like they've finally got the backlog at the port under control ...

Has the Port cleared the backup of ships?
Yes. For the first time since June, there were no vessels docked at the ports of Long Beach and Los Angeles sitting idle because of a shortage of longshore workers.

The number of vessels at the ports of Long Beach and Los Angeles has dropped from a high of 94 ships in mid-October to 49 ships today, Monday, Nov. 22. The number of vessels waiting for an open berth has declined from more than 40 to 11 today -- with no container ships at anchor. Average turnaround times have fallen from as long as 10 days for a few vessels down to about the normal turnaround time of two to three days.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Congrats dude, it's a relief to have real number to deal with isn't it?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Ridge,

Congrats!!! I hope you get it before the snow flies.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vangman said:
Ridge,

Congrats!!! I hope you get it before the snow flies.
On snow days I'll tool around in my 87
Montero 4X4, but 'hopefully' there will be
some clean road days to break her in for
next Spring. My gull wing is expected to
arrive around early to mid Feb., and I've
already lined up a custom paint shop to
Saffron-ize it. P.S. - Bill is trying to
secure some tid-bits for me from Hethel.
They include the 'grooved' gear-gate, the
sill pockets, and the H-4/H-7 headlight
bulb upgrades. Was told by D. Massey
that they are all available for us now.
He's a Senior Tech guy at Hethel.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Sounds sweet. I can't wait to see it. Please post pics as stuff arrives and is installed.

BTW - Can you give me a perspective on the time line since Bill called you and said they were building your car? Just trying to get an idea for my car so I can ensure everything is in place on my side.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Well, looks like ship to dealer in 30 days for me. Ship arrived Nov 14th, car arrived Dec 13th.

I will pick up my saffron yellow toy in La Jolla on Friday. Hope the weather holds up. Sunny and may hit 80 today in LA.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Vangman said:
Sounds sweet. I can't wait to see it. Please post pics as stuff arrives and is installed.

BTW - Can you give me a perspective on the time line since Bill called you and said they were building your car? Just trying to get an idea for my car so I can ensure everything is in place on my side.

Thanks
Bill gave me a November build date back
in early October. Numbers 15 thru 19
are slated for December build, the last I
remember hearing, so maybe those guys
can tell you if they were alerted to a
build time about a month prior..like I was.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts