The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Manny, my Porsche shop foreman centered my steering wheel for me today. I had forgotten to leave it on the car when he had done an alignment for me a few months ago.
He is certified to work on 959's, Carrera GT's, GT3RS', Turbos, etc., he knows fast cars.. I warmed up the lotus and told him to drive it hard, he did :evil:. When he came back from the drive he says "that car is ridiculously fast and scared the hell out of me, I love it!"
Manny told me that he had always been a bit sceptical and never really believed me when I had told him how ludicrous the car was.. He's originally from London and previously did own an original S1 Elise with the N/A Rover motor.
It was fun to see his face when he returned from the drive, he was in shock and looked just like this :eek:.

Attachments

·
Banned
874 Posts
why is there a "thumbs down" icon next to your thread? i owuld guess you would be happy?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I was wondering the same thing about the thumbs down. It made me think that you could add a bunch of that weight back on that you took off if you needed to slow it back down. :p

·
Registered
72 Posts
you're car is ridiculously awesomely outrageous. Kudos to your efforts. I am wondering where the 305hp came from so I am going to search for your past posts and see if I can find it, but if you're feeling generous you could post and tell me :)

EDIT: found this post: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/905329-post36.html
seems like it was a good deal of custom parts put together by FF?

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you're car is ridiculously awesomely outrageous. Kudos to your efforts. I am wondering where the 305hp came from so I am going to search for your past posts and see if I can find it, but if you're feeling generous you could post and tell me :)

EDIT: found this post: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/905329-post36.html
seems like it was a good deal of custom parts put together by FF?
The engine was re-configured as a stock 240R and then they installed liquid to air intercooling and an EFI standalone, among a few other goodies. It produces a dependable 305 at the crank on a safe rich mixture tune. Casey will likley re-map it a bit next week and go for another 10-15 hp. If we eventually blow up the engine I'm on board for a sleeved/stroker dry sump motor. That engine should produce close to 400 dependable hp.. I am happy with the current configuration as long as it holds.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
perryeyes sorry if its a repost but found this after watching the chapman video, guess you're spotted
<div><embed src="http://www.livevideo.com/flvplayer/embed/FC18DB7F94A442F0B3442135D1AFD2BF" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" quality="high" WIDTH="445" HEIGHT="369" wmode="transparent"></embed><br/><a href="http://www.livevideo.com/video/embedLink/FC18DB7F94A442F0B3442135D1AFD2BF/739590/pimped-lotus-elise-.aspx">Pimped Lotus Elise.</a></div>

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I love the title of the vid, “Pimped Lotus Elise”.
How is that Pimped, its called stripped.

Love what you did, looks grate.I hope to see you (sorry but, I want to see the car) around soon.

Kevin

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went past those guys the other way first. They were all parked there and gave me the thumbs up. The video was shot when I came back past them the other way after my canyon run(Briones Reservoir area)
Funny that they were talking $hit about the Orinda police. I was driving through Orinda a few days previously and one of the cops gave me a thumbs up. So far most cops have been cool about the car when they start asking pointed questions I ask if they would like to read the CHP/Calif DMV rules and regs which I have in the car(thanks to Shinoo). Once they hear that they say "no problem"... I think some cops write tickets on things that aren't actually illegal. I think some of them don't really know the regs.. It would be hard to know them all..:shrug:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts