The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently took my Elise down to Gator Motorsport to address an issue where my car was running 5 degrees hotter than normal in all driving conditions. I figured it was the rubber seal blocking flow like they are known to do so I ordered a 170* TRD thermostat and called Gator to get my car in for service. I spoke with Dino (very knowledgeable) about setting up a time and inquired about a couple other random parts for my car that another Lotus dealer couldn't seem to find for me - Dino was able to get them in a couple days prior to my appointment!

After the 3.5 hour drive down I was greeted at the door and promptly introduced to everyone at the facility/given a tour (cleanest facility I've ever seen!). As soon as my car cooled down TJ dug in, this is where it gets interesting. In the process of replacing my thermostat TJ noticed that my alternator support bracket (part of the Katana kit) had the bolts sheared off causing the serpentine belt to lose some tension. We both thought that might be what's causing the car to run a bit hot - the water pump wasn't turning at full speed because of the slack on the belt. Well, it turns out that was the problem! he pulled the old thermostat out and it was in 100% working order. The new thermostat was installed and TJ happened to have a spare alternator support bracket to fix the tension issue. On my 3.5 hour drive back home the coolant temperature was rock steady at 170* on the highway, exactly where it should be. :bow:

A few days after my appointment, I received a card from Missy thanking me for choosing them to service my Lotus. :clap:

I want to thank Dino, TJ, Young, Amanda and Missy for their incredible service and attention to detail. Instead of putting the new parts in and sending me on my way, the time was taken to diagnose and fix the real issue. It's competence like this that will keep me a Gator customer for as long as I own a Lotus! :UK:

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I can attest to Gator's customer service level and the quality of the showroom and garage areas as well.

One of the salesmen (Brian Henry) met me on a Saturday afternoon and they had an Exige down off the rack even before it was ready to go so that I could test drive.

Being 6'2" and 210lbs. I wanted to make sure the horror stories online about getting in and out were exaggerated (they are).

We got a tour of the facility and as mentioned, it's spotless. Even the garage was clean enough to eat off the floors :)

Very nice place, apparently the technicians there are highly sought after as well. Very glad I live close to Indy!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've got steering issues and emailed Gator to see if I could get some advice from TJ. Sure enough, he responded within half an hour and answered all of my questions. I was quite grateful that he took the time to give me free advice. If/when I need something that is over my DIY head, I'll definitely head to Gator. Their reputation is well deserved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts