The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Yes, the RHS fender vent. And in the US (and other hot climates) it has an inline duct fan that comes on when not moving and coolant temp is over the threshold.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the RHS fender vent. And in the US (and other hot climates) it has an inline duct fan that comes on when not moving and coolant temp is over the threshold.
Thanks! But that side of the duct is like that? Just fit there? Where is the fan located or where I can buy it if I don’t have it? I’m in Puerto Rico, so is hot!

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
For the USA market and other hot territories, an electrical fan is mounted inline between the right hand engine bay cooling hose and side intake duct to boost air circulation at the front of the engine bay.

The fan is ECU controlled, and will operate only when the vehicle is stationary:

- If coolant temperature is over 100°C during idle or at time of ignition switch off, the fan will run for 3 minutes.
- If coolant temperature is over 103°C within 90 seconds of ignition switch off, the fan will run for 2 minutes.
- If the high speed radiator fans are activated during idle, the fan will run for 1 minute.
- If the engine bay fan is triggered whilst the engine is running; after the fan has cycled off, a minimum of 2 minute must elapse before the fan restarts (if triggering conditions still apply).

Parts: https://www.lotuspartsonline.com/a/Lotus_2011_Evora/_52014_7619536/Engine-Bay-Cooling--Ducts-amp-Trunking/EVORA_4605.html

Attachments

·
Illegal Alien
4,999 Posts
It just blows air over top of fwd exhaust manifold in effort to reduce intake manifold heat soak. As chrome orange stated its triggered by ECU from coolant temp readings. Retrofit to a car without fan would probably require LotusTech switch on of the ECU feature.

Reactions: Europa TC
1 - 6 of 6 Posts