The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Stilling doing God's work
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One my rear right, I have some small black scuffs on the rim. Light abrasions. Any options aside from buying a new rim?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Can o rim paint from auto parts store, Q-tip, spray paint on Q-tip.
Dab,dab,dab
Seriously, I can't agree more. The first time I had curb rash, I had it professionally repaired... then I did it like 10 more times.. and realized, it's just going to be a fact of life if I drive somewhat aggressive.

I just use rim paint, and tape off the affected area and spray. Just too costly to keep repairing, and definitely not worth driving too carefully cause I'm fearful of that either.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Do I have to sand them before application? Pics below. Sorry, ****ty camera...
The first set is a pretty sizable gash... depending on how involved you'd want to be, you could fill those in with some sort of body filler or metal glaze... and then paint over them. I would still mask of fairly close to the area just in case your paint color is different from the rim, you'll minimize paint mismatch.

I'm not rim expert, so take what I said with a grain of salt, there may be more effective ways to fill in and repair those gash... it's just my initial "what I would do" reaction.

By the way, I'm pretty sure that it's not because your camera is sh***y, but because you may need to put your camera in macro mode if you're taking pictures of something that close.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts