The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,488 Posts
I guess he just doesn't want to sell me any parts, I have been sending email for a few days now. What email are you using
Nonsense. Why would he not want to sell his product to a customer.

[email protected]

They are a but (sic) slow do (sic) deal with. Some parts I ordered took over a month to be shipped out.
The Lotus market is small. You can't expect Thomasio to have relatively low-volume parts in stock. It's more of a made-to-order market. His parts are very high-quality and I have no regrets.

San

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
It is best to call this week, as we have a major project under way. E-mail responses are slow until after Sunday, so please call: 414 - eight zero one - 3286

Sorry for the lack of email...

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Thomasio do I really have to call? I placed an order and would like to know the expected ship date. I dont know if it is days or weeks. I sent you an email, a one line response will suffice.

I dont think that is unreasonable for 1100$ order.

Aaron

·
Registered
130 Posts
FWIW, I've ordered a few things from them over the past year, never had an issue with lengthy delays, one time I did send email inquiry about expected delivery date for an order, received a quick response. Not defending them if you're having a different experience. I try to remind myself that most of the parts suppliers we deal with are small businesses with small staffs. I've learned to expect that responses will sometime take a few days. If the wait becomes beyond what you find personally tolerable, hopefully there is an alternative. (I had to go that route when looking for an exhaust, but that was a situation of waiting weeks, not days.)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Yes I do expect whatever is listed on the site to be in stock. Why list items if they aren't ready for sale?

At the very least I'd expect some form of contact saying they are out of stock and when they expect to ship.

I actually ordered twice and both orders took a month plus to arrive. No contact with a tracking number or anything, just showed up one day out of the blue.

BTW I have no idea what "sic" is, but if you tried tying on an iphone with fingers the size of mine you'd understand. My hands are made to hold a chainsaw or wrench, not a teeny phone rotfl

Nonsense. Why would he not want to sell his product to a customer.

[email protected]

The Lotus market is small. You can't expect Thomasio to have relatively low-volume parts in stock. It's more of a made-to-order market. His parts are very high-quality and I have no regrets.

San

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I am ok with a bit of a wait on certain items but i think there should be a lead time listed on sites for these parts. At very least email notification

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
My number is listed earlier in this thread. Call if you are concerned about stock items. Everything is in stock unless an order wipes us out for a couple of days.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
I am ok with a bit of a wait on certain items but i think there should be a lead time listed on sites for these parts. At very least email notification

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

Some site software doesn't allow for inventory correlation. We aim to stock everything, but once in a while a large amount of a certain part will get ordered before we can restock. It isn't a common problem though.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have sent four emails in the past 3 weeks and all have been returned undeliverable, even though i type directly or copy and paste directly from previous emails or website. don't know whats going on, but have given up completely.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
That is exactly the way I feel about this issue as well. Why does the paying customer need to chase down this information?

I'm not sure I understand, but it seems to be an issue that is somewhat widespread amongst the Lotus community. I'm not going to name point, but I have spent money with most of the bigger vendors and all have had lackluster communication and fairly slow shipping.

I don't enjoy having to "chase" after answers on when the product I paid for will arrive.

Thomasio do I really have to call? I placed an order and would like to know the expected ship date. I dont know if it is days or weeks. I sent you an email, a one line response will suffice.

I dont think that is unreasonable for 1100$ order.

Aaron

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I still wonder when my stuff will show up. I am not too worried about it but it could be at home today or maybe ill see it in a few weeks. Who knows. Not really great buisness imho.

In other news I ordered an odometer gear for an 84 911 turbo at the begining of the week as well. I got a confirmation email on the shipping (with tracking number) and it arrived yesterday.

Its hard to be critical of vendors on this board since they all seem like decent people and actively contribute. That is nice, but it makes critical feed back difficult.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
I have sent four emails in the past 3 weeks and all have been returned undeliverable, even though i type directly or copy and paste directly from previous emails or website. don't know whats going on, but have given up completely.
I have provided my phone number, and the e-mail system works for others... simply pick up the phone and we will take care of it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts