The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We considered doing our own oil pan, and set out to baseline all of the products that are out there.

When we found the Total Oil Control Oil Pan, it was so good that we decided to stock it instead of reinventing the wheel (especially since THIS wheel has everything that we would have wanted, and more!)

Total Oil Control Oil Pan (2ZZ-GE) | Really Light Stuff

Attachments

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bravo to Phil for a very well conceived, engineered and implemented product. The craftsmanship is astounding too! :clap:

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
No dipstick interference and no modifications required. Not real well pictured is the scraper/windage tray that bolts to the engine...

Coming soon to a theatre near you is the external oil pump:up:--- a mod for the die-hard track rat:D

We basically took everything we liked and disliked from the current pans, put them on the dry-erase board. Then wrote down everything we would want in a race sump that wasn't already on the board. The list was long--- too long to just modify a current offering, so we started with a "clean sheet of paper" when making this sump. Again, applying what worked, removing what didn't work, and adding a bunch of features to make it work as it should have from the git-go--- and then again some more features to work with the external oil pump...

I have a stack of prototype pans/garage art to show for the design process. Good times.lol:eek:

Best,

Phil

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Phil,

Dude. Props to you and your team, man. The community owes you a collective thanks and a beer.

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
None of the aftermarket pans work with Lotussport subframe panel.

Looking at making something similar that will be a bit more accommodating to better parts:up:

Thanks!

Phil

·
Registered
47 Posts
ok, didnt think it would, but thought Id ask. Keep me in the loop if ya make a version that does! thanks! looking forward to a couple other bits you guys make tho!

Beech

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Cool! Let me know how we can help...

Just for clarification, by a "similar one", I meant that we are looking at something similar to the Lotus panel that will work with better parts... We won't be making any significant changes to the pan/sump--- but a better version of the Lotus shear panel is in the cards:up:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Looks very nice.

Does this fit with the Sector111 subStiffy brace?

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Memorial day special: FREE SHIPPING to lower 48 US states on the best oil pan available for our cars.

E-mail me (address in signature) for your coupon code.

·
Registered
6,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I spent some time admiring the welds on the pan we sent out yesterday. Marvelous welds... the photos don't do justice.

A couple people were asking if we could extend the free shipping on the pans, and I'm willing to do that through midnight on Friday the 1st.

(E-mail me for your personal discount code... address is in my signature).

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Your chart is a bit wrong, the GPan has most of the same that your pan does, maybe not the extra crank scrapper, but it has a temp port, trap doors, etc.

http://www.sector111.com/newest_stuff/gpan.cfm

If you want to compare products, probably should at least have accurate info don't you think? :cool: I'd go with the Sector 111 guys since they don't need to bash other's products to sell their parts.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts