The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done a search on here, but I can find virtually nothing on the smaller rear view mirror sold by RLS.

Smaller Rearview Mirror Kit | Really Light Stuff

I saw for sale thread, but other than that. Nothing!

I don't like the idea of the non-dimming on the Micromirror, so this seems like a good (and less expensive) option.

What's the deal with this mirror? Why's virtually no one talking about it? Or is it that my search skills are inadequate?

·
Registered
577 Posts
I bought one from that for sale thread you found. I'm very happy with it, and like the fact that I still have the dimming feature. It was really easy to install following the included directions.

It adds a ton of visibility for me (I'm 6' tall). At the same time I removed the visors and now I can actually see traffic lights without having to duck my head down to look up at them.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
I've done a search on here, but I can find virtually nothing on the smaller rear view mirror sold by RLS.

Smaller Rearview Mirror Kit | Really Light Stuff

I saw for sale thread, but other than that. Nothing!

I don't like the idea of the non-dimming on the Micromirror, so this seems like a good (and less expensive) option.

What's the deal with this mirror? Why's virtually no one talking about it? Or is it that my search skills are inadequate?

Fantastic setup in the Elise. Love mine.

Why anyone has a rearview mirror in an intercooled Exige is a mystery to me. Even the premier edition I sat in at the 2005 LOG had dodgy rear vision. Really have not sat in a production 2006 Exige, so I don't know how the inside rear view is.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
That was originally designed and produced by tesprit. Search his screen name here and you'll find a much larger thread with all of the details.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello
I leave in Europe and available custom tesprit mirrors cost 75$ +shipping to EU will be to high so I search internet a bit and found one with night mode options. Grab original mirror holder and cut that ball, then drill small hall, rifle and drive a screw. Finally get everything together.
Mirror can be installed normally with the switch on the night underneath or rotated and switch will be at the top – in that option I have the maximum visibility to the front and slightly less to the rear.
ps.sorry for my broken english

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts