The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the RLS rearview mirror a few months ago and just now decided to install it. I have read previous threads about this piece and found a good picture to use with the instructions (http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f95/sale-rear-view-mirror-mounting-adapters-29065/#post499173).

The little T shaped piece doesnt seem to fit into my plinth. I have an 08 Elise and the OEM mirror did not come with that metal retaining clip that previous years did. I was able give 2 small taps to my mirror and it popped right off with no issues. I didn't see any mention in previous threads or on the RLS website stating RLS model compatability years. Can anyone confirm this will work with an 08 or an 08+?

The fins in my plinth aren't spaced properly to allow the T adapter to slide in place. I hope I'm just missing something obvious and that the mirror will work. Perhaps the plastic fins on my plinth just need some sanding?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Call Thomas or Email him.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
That's a plinth I have not seen before. (Remember - Lotus grabs whatever parts bin they have that day...)

Your second picture shows the "T"-adaptor upside-down. the final picture shows it correctly.

Alone, does the "T"-adaptor slide into the plinth?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the same problem with my 09 and an RLS mirror.
Sector 111 figured that out and differentiates 07+ cars.
If someone near north western CT wants to come and pickup an RLS mirror for a car before 2007, they can have it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts