·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I plan to be there... if all goes well

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come join us! You know the drill... Same spot as last year if all goes well.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
ill be up there Sunday for sure...

I'm also bringing my friend Tom (who I think is currently considering an Elige)... I know Rob has met him before so we'll stop by your area early & say hi

anybody else from the SE WI area want to caravan to RA with us? we plan on leaving relatively early in the morning

·
Registered
134 Posts
I will be there Fri, Sat and Sun. I usually setup canopy at Turn 6. Not sure if I am going to drive the car up though any of those days. Maybe Saturday?

GR82DRV, where do you typically setup?

Mark

·
Registered
2013 Lotus Evora S- Carbon Grey SOLD 2020 Lotus Evora GT Olive Green
293 Posts
We are always in the area! But I will not be going to RA. GR82DRV I tried to see if we could come to join you guys after the race at night, but got the no go on that! If your heading in to town at all let us know!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What a weekend! Superb weather and great races!

Sorry we didn't connect with more Lotus brothers. Got to talk with Driftwood and Richard (From the northern burbs) but couldn't locate the rest... only their cars! We think the Polar Blue Exige was Choatie's old car (beautiful). We also spotted a nice black Exige (with the "Abide" sticker) and waved in traffic to a yellow Europa.

We had the best of all worlds experience camping. I got to spend it with my three sons. Robert brought his 2007 Exige S and Sam had his newly aquired 2009 MINI JCW. Great father/son event!

We're friends with Terry Borcheller and Mike Lamarra from Burton Racing, so the entire team came to our campsite Friday night to enjoy a BBQ rib training meal! It worked! Terry and Mike won the Continental Tire ST Class! After the champagne shower they celebrated back at our campsite on Saturday. (photo attached)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
What a weekend! Superb weather and great races!
indeed, nice to see you guys holding down the spot again this year :up:

one of the better turnouts (fan/car wise) I've seen for a # of years...

there was a stretch of down years attendance wise not too long ago (right around the recession) & you could really tell things have picked back up with the series & following since the merger

still in my opinion the best racing event that WI has to offer (blows nationwide out of the water when it comes to fan appreciation)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not to be Debbie Downer but I think the attendance was not as great as last years combined Grand-Am/Tudor weekend just judging by crowds in the various viewing areas and the very few people camping in the overflow camping area.

Sadly the quality of the Tudor races this year has been downright sad. There were a few good ones this year when they kept the FCY down but when you have a race at Road America where it only ran 1 hour and 13 minutes under green flag that is pretty boring to spectators.

I really hope this series is successful in the long term and I think 2016/2017 will be the years of change once the Prototype and GT class changes take affect.

One of the things I do not like is the change that was introduced in ALMS series the last few years which really is the cause for the extra long cautions which is to allow the pits of both prototype and gt classes to basically sort the field (P cars in front, GT cars in back) Free pit stops drive me nuts and would rather see the car/wreckage cleared and go right back to green. It worked for years that way.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I was there on Sunday, spotted this in the paddock with IL plates:

This does look a lot like my old car. Glad to see she still gets track time. Sorry I sold it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts