The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400
692 Posts
So what is the cost for an Evora NA/S after several thousand miles? Anybody has done service recently that was not cover by warranty?

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
The beauty of our Lotus is it is VERY DIY friendly by any measure except a few engine pull items, which is typical of MANY cars.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Lotus should be even more appealing because of the reliability and low maintenance costs. Don't know why more people aren't buying.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lotus should be even more appealing because of the reliability and low maintenance costs. Don't know why more people aren't buying.
I'd say it's a few things.

- Because of the lack of horsepower.... Sounds silly, I know. But all other exotics make at least 400+ HP. And when you can buy Mustangs, Corvettes, Challengers, Chargers, Camaros, etc with 400+ hp for less than an Evora, most people who could afford one will choose the American.

- Because of lack of dealers/availability. When MOST people have never seen one in person (myself included until I bought mine), it makes it a hard sell.

None of these matter to me (and I imagine to most of us who own one) anyway. I'd rather they keep it a niche market. Just wish there was a dealership in Nashville or here in Memphis.... sigh.

James

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Oil change here is $400.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Evora Oil changes at Courtesy Lotus in Vegas are $125, I think anything more than that is a rip off. After all it is a basic Toyota engine with an oil cooler attached. Since it is a Toyota engine and uses Toyota filters, you can have it changed at a Toyota dealer if they have a competent mechanic. I spoke to my local Toyota service department and they feel very competent they can remove the engine pan and change the oil without any problems. I explained the procedure and they can't see any problems or special needs. I think some people feel a Lotus dealer is justified in charging high prices because it is a special car, but there is nothing about an oil change on an Evora that justifies those high prices just because they have the extra labor of removing the bottom engine pan. My previous C6 Z06 Corvette also had a bottom engine pan as well as dual drain plugs and an 8 quart dry sump oil system that required installing the oil in two stages, and basically it only cost $25 for the labor and filter (I supplied my own oil). I really can't see any Lotus dealer justifying $250 to $400 for an oil change, that's a rip off for the labor involved!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did my own oil this weekend - it was $13 for the TRD oil filter and about $65 for the oil. Didn't take long and was as easy as any other oil change.

James

·
Registered
795 Posts
Oil change here is $400.
They did that to me, too. Includes a useless 27,000-point inspection. Tell Derek next time to just change the oil and forget the fluff. That's a ridiculous amount for a freaking oil change.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I'd say it's a few things.

- Because of the lack of horsepower.... Sounds silly, I know. But all other exotics make at least 400+ HP. And when you can buy Mustangs, Corvettes, Challengers, Chargers, Camaros, etc with 400+ hp for less than an Evora, most people who could afford one will choose the American.

- Because of lack of dealers/availability. When MOST people have never seen one in person (myself included until I bought mine), it makes it a hard sell.

None of these matter to me (and I imagine to most of us who own one) anyway. I'd rather they keep it a niche market. Just wish there was a dealership in Nashville or here in Memphis.... sigh.

James
There was a dealer in Memphis awhile back but it was so crappy that you should be thankful there are none.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There was a dealer in Memphis awhile back but it was so crappy that you should be thankful there are none.
LOL - I've heard the one in St. Louis may not be much better..... Another problem with owning a car with such a small ownership. It's fine if you live in California or the Northeast but anywhere else seems to be a crap shoot.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Low maintenance cost?!? I hate to beat a dead horse....but if a new clutch costs $6K.........

not trying to be a hater....cause I love the car and WILL get one but I have not seen low cost ANYTHING about the Evoras. Aftermarket suspension costs $5k-$10K. Front bumper options $6K

I WISH I liked Caymans....or Vettes

·
Registered
626 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
evora parts and bits are a bargain compared to many in the same category...I can't complain. For what you get, it is a steal

·
Registered
324 Posts
So you think it's just a bumper job, huh? - Rennlist Discussion Forums

My brother has a new 911 convertible and just got rear ended. That isn't his car, but he sent me the link because he was reading about how the new 911s are very susceptible to major damage from minor rear end accidents. $30,000 repair job from what looks like a relatively minor thing.

The new 911s are nice, but the Evora's body lines just ignight something no other car but a F430 spyder does....and it doesn't seem to have a clutch pedal ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts