The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. November Road & Track is out and you can vote for the Best Car of 2005. The Lotus Elise is one of the candidates on the ballot. You can cast your ballot by phoning 1-877-788-6831 or on line by going to www.roadandtrack.com/rtvote1 .

Lets make the Elise the winner with your vote. Pass this on to your friends.

Mark Pfeffer - Vice President Lotus Ltd.

·
Registered
409 Posts
khamai said:
It will be tough against the C6 Vette... Most people want a V8, cupholders & room for their golf clubs. :(
Yes, but is that your vote or is your vote for the Elise? :no:

Do we vote for another car simply because it will earn more votes :confused:

I placed my vote :clap:

·
Registered
670 Posts
How could I in good conscience vote it as best car ?
I've had deposits in for over a year, can't get one, can't find one to ride in or drive. I would think to qualify as best car it would need to be available to more than a handful of people

I could vote for best pictures I've seen, and heard people talk about.

Steve

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I voted for the elise, but only because the Tata is not yet available in the U.S.:D

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Sownman has a point. If I can't possibly buy one, then how can it be my favorite car? It's just another unobtainable, and I might as well vote for a McLaren or something..

Also, if I consider the Dealer Network as part of the car experience, the rating would drop through the floor. No other car buying experience has been this frustrating or confused.

Ask me again next year.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
ivan1 said:
I voted for the elise, but only because the Tata is not yet available in the U.S.:D
Now, my dear friend, how could you possibly pass up an Ambassador for a Tata?

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
But do those wheels come in black?:D

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
I want our little Elise to remain a well kept secret. If everyone sees it as The Best, don't you think that will just generate more interest in the car? This would have a negative effect in the sense that "new" buyers - not on a waiting list - would be willing to pay top dollar for the Best car, thus driving up prices and encouraging dealers to find extra cars to sell on the showroom floor...

don't do it.

we know it's a fantastic little car.

I don't need a magazine to substantiate my own seat of the pants claim that the elise is the ultimate affordable (for me) sports car

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I voted ... O.K. yes I voted for the Elise:D :D :D :D :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Done.

Bush is a moron. This should be apparent to anyone who's seen him try to speak.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Road and Track voting

Do you think there are enough people out there who know about the Elise AND would vote for it that it would even show up on their radar?

I am also in the camp of keeping the profile on this car a bit low until the current model (2005, exempt) has run it's course. I would hate for some dealers to see a high rating and decide to start losing some customer listed cars. Hopefully the waitlisted customers will get as many of these as possible and will be in very a good position with respect to appreciation.

Just a thought.

SY, Touring, LSS 1st qtr '05. (#29ish)

BTW, will consider parting out a 1986 Alfa Romeo GTV-6 3.0S if you (collective) know anyone interested. If not will more as complete soon. Thnx

1 - 16 of 16 Posts