The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father registered for track days may 9th at road atlanta and they know im getting an elise, and they told my dad there was an elise registered and it will be two days old??? anyone know who this is or do you think its a demo car?? maybe they will trade a lap in the elise for a lap in porsche turbo???:D

·
Registered
157 Posts
Who did you talk to in order to register for a track day at Road Atlanta?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks...
I might just wait till next year when I have a car worth driving around a track.:(

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I think you can count on LCU getting some track activity/schools going to next year!! Perhaps Road Atlanta or Barber.
Chris

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
My girlfriend bought me trackdays at RoadAtlanta last Christmas, and told them that I was getting an Elise in April and would be bringing that up there (at the time, that's what I had been contractually promised by Prestige Imports). Doubtful, but possible they think it's me.

PS - Since Prestige fuxed up my plans, it seems I won't be getting an Elise this year. My track day certificate expires in November (they only last one year), and I certainly won't have my elise before then. You think there's any chance they'll extend my certificate? :(

·
Registered
587 Posts
What car do you drive now? You can learn a lot in almost any car at the track.

Assuming it's mechanically sound (no leaks) and has good brakes, tires you should be good to go.

Heck, if nothing else go rent a car. It's a blast to go screaming around the track in a compact rental car... no power, no grip, lots of body roll.... you learn a lot! You may even have the chance to embarass some less experienced folks in faster cars if you know what you are doing.

I took a rental to the track when a moron rear-ended me about a year ago and the car was in the shop while I had a scheduled track day. It was one of my funnest track days!

A friend of mine has been going with the BMW CCA to the Nurburgrung every summer for the last couple of years -- they all go rent BMW 316 compacts and have a great time. One year he brought the car back to the rental depot at the end of the week complaining the car had no tires and the brakes didn't work -- they apologized profusely and waived the rental charge! :D

Go get your free track day....

Best,
John

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
The most fun I ever had in a rental car was when I rented a mustang for a rally-x. Not the fastest car around a farmer's field, but it was a blast to hang out the rear for a day.

Probably the only time in the history of rental cars that anyone has washed a car before returning it, but I thought it might be prudent. :)

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I just called the instructors at Panoz and told them daytonaelise is wreckless and a liability. When I told them your real name they already knew it. You may be getting a phone call any minute!
Just kidding...see you there (with Elise)

Mick, if you sign up for this event that will make at least 3 Elise's! Safety in numbers!

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8255&highlight=road+atlanta

1 - 12 of 12 Posts