The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
More than likely it would be a clam off repair. It would be easier in my opinion to reinforce the back side without the obstruction.

·
give me my second cam!
451 Posts
Not to mention easier to get that side grill off with the clam off.

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
I just had a similar instance two weeks ago! Insurance is replacing the front clam. Are you submitting to insurance? Your own will cover it for road debris damage. I HATE being without the Elise at this time of year, especially with all the car shows, track days, and events. But in the end I know my baby will be taken care of.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
I just had a similar instance two weeks ago! Insurance is replacing the front clam. Are you submitting to insurance? Your own will cover it for road debris damage. I HATE being without the Elise at this time of year, especially with all the car shows, track days, and events. But in the end I know my baby will be taken care of.
are they letting you keep your old one??? begbeg hint hint

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
Iwill be picking up the old clam.I am not decided on whether to make a wall art project for the man cave or to offer it to other members to fix thier problem. How much would it be worth?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sent claim info to Allstate using iphone app, should hear from them early next week. Just need to find a body shop. Going to call dealer Monday to see who they use. Hoping someone here had a good shop they have used. If clam is replaced will let u know Komiko.

·
Registered
796 Posts
a fiberglass shop is what you want to take it to. someone who repairs boats and ski-doo's. will be much much cheaper than a body shop.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
What hit you? Or what did you hit?

Blown tire, Pedestrian, Hope it was worth some points!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Drove to Allstate quick claim office today. Lotus is not in their system for parts/labor pricing. Will just have to take to a body shop and let them handle it.

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
Hey sorry about the bad luck! Fantastic finishes of palm beach is a high end place for Ferrari Porche and Lambo cars. Great workmanship. I will ask around for a place in ft lauderdale. Tommy

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Picked up Allstate estimate and also went to Kustom Auto Refinishing that Ft Lauderdale Collection uses. The dealer said the damage is not too bad and a repair can be done. Dropping of car next Monday for repair of clam. Kustom had a few Ferraris in the shop and the work looked amazing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts