The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Crap it's back...

Unfortunately that car has floated up on the website sever times and others can give you more background on it.

That dealership is a piece of crap. Don't buy anything from them, they function more like a consignment shop. Most of the cars they have on their site aren't on the lot, you have to schedule an appointment and they get the cars from "somewhere".

·
Registered
944 Posts
Dude
We have been through this ages ago...
Part of me wishes that I had bought it 3 years ago as a Chump car.
Now that would be cool......

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Crap it's back...

Unfortunately that car has floated up on the website sever times and others can give you more background on it.

That dealership is a piece of crap. Don't buy anything from them, they function more like a consignment shop. Most of the cars they have on their site aren't on the lot, you have to schedule an appointment and they get the cars from "somewhere".
Haha, I figured it might have shown up here sometime before but I didn't find a thread about it. How long has it been at that sketchy dealership?

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Jay thinks VIR is a city street :)

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Yes, that is his. That thing just keeps popping back up for sale over and over again!
I remember way back in the day of him building it and seeing the upgrades. Also loved how he would throw his love for Porsche and Audi in there with all his acquisitions (can't recall if he sold cars or owned a dealership). Miss that guy....

·
Back to the Future, again
6,205 Posts
Well it's only $30k with only 11k miles, so who cares about the quality of the dealership.
It's been $30k for a long time... seen that car for sale at the same dealer since I bought I car and even before that... I bought my Lotus in April, 2011. Saw that ad back then, and my friend said he seen that ad before at that dealer even before I did. Specs didn't change much. Price didn't change much.

Still not worth the money unless you just want a tosser.

Even then, I would rather buy another Elise of the same vintage that is unmolested.

As for the dealership... I checked their website a few times back then when they also had a few Exiges. Prices aren't good, and the information they put on the site is sketchy... staff looked sketchy... my buddy went there... found them sketchy. It's off the freeway and I've driven by there tons of times, looks sketchy... and yeah, the lot was fairly empty.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
we have a thread on this car every year or so.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
we have a thread on this car every year or so.
I don't know if this is more like a zombie or the Terminator... It just keeps on coming back for more!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well it's only $30k with only 11k miles, so who cares about the quality of the dealership.
When I was looking in early '12 this lot had 3 cars, white Exige , black Exige and this 2-11 hybrid. Made an appointment to look at the black Exige which wasn't on the lot, they changed the appointment twice on me and when I finally saw the car it had spider cracks in the front splitter. Price was high and their lead salesman wouldn't negotiate. Basically took the attitude of "someone else will buy it".

Wouldn't touch this dealership with a 10' pole. Yes the price is low, but who knows if they've done any maintenance in the 2+ years they've had it and how much they've beat on the car.

·
Back to the Future, again
6,205 Posts
When I was looking in early '12 this lot had 3 cars, white Exige , black Exige and this 2-11 hybrid. Made an appointment to look at the black Exige which wasn't on the lot, they changed the appointment twice on me and when I finally saw the car it had spider cracks in the front splitter. Price was high and their lead salesman wouldn't negotiate. Basically took the attitude of "someone else will buy it".

Wouldn't touch this dealership with a 10' pole. Yes the price is low, but who knows if they've done any maintenance in the 2+ years they've had it and how much they've beat on the car.
Exactly. Those were the same 3 cars I looked at in early 2011. Even back then they wanted $10k over what the car was worth with the wear and tear I saw, and the custom butchering done to them.

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
I say this in the nicest way and tone possible. :p

I hope you Noobs realize that perry (the guy that built that car) was a pretty well liked and very active forum member back in the day when he first started modding and cutting up that car. Back then, a lot of what he was doing and the parts he added were pretty cool and cutting edge stuff. Granted, he got carried away with the cutting:facepalm:D

< /nice way and tone >

-Phil

1 - 20 of 21 Posts