The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or does the 12 sec.quarter mile time mentioned in the R+T review seem a little optimistic?It would be great but that's damn fast for a production car that doesn't cost , as the British say, "the earth".

·
Registered
143 Posts
Maybe they computed it from weight, HP and Torque curves, which is the same place that the 4.8-4.9 0-60 times could have come from. It would be interesting if R&T told us "estimated" versus "actual" or "tested" numbers for these sorts of things.

What other cars run a 12.0 stock? What's their power/weight ratio?

Steve

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
The two theories.

1. It runs a 12 second 1/4 mile. Maybe 12.9 seconds. Keep in mind that most on-line calculators may not figure in the launch advantage of a midengined car, specially on rear sticky tires.

2. They got confused with that 0-100mph time.

I think it's mainly unfortunate that because of this number, a lot of people are focusing on the 1/4 mile times when this car is all about braking and cornering...while still being speedy.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Road and Track reported Lotus staff mentioned a 12.0 flat 1/4 time. But there's some rumor going on that it was a typo and they meant 13.0 sec.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Maybe, they might not catch it. Ether way I don't see it as big deal. It's like dating a super model and commenting she's not a catch because the 5 dish french course she made wasn't as good as the 4 star restraunt.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Everyone that I spoke to while visiting Australia said that 12 sec. quarter mile for the Elise is total B.S. I even showed them the Road and Track that I brought with me!!!!

While in Australia I drove the standard S2 and the 111S with the 150hp. I mean even if the car had 190Hp there is no way it will do a 12 sec. quarter mile time. Those R&T guys must have been a little drunk when they wrote that one down.

Mitch

1 - 8 of 8 Posts