The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got back from a 700 mile road trip in my 2010 Evora over the North Cascades, wow what a trip. At first the motor homes and trucks with trailers were a pain to get behind until I realized this was an great opportunity. I could now down shift and put the peddle to the metal to go around the slow problem. Wow was this fun!!! Taking the corners above the speed limit with the bride in the car was great fun for me but when I looked over at her and she was having fun I new I had bought the right car.

The car ran great with not one problem at all. I sat in it for at least 5 hours at a time and still felt like I could drive allot more.

If you don't have an Evora yet, GET ONE

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Congrats - road trips ARE fun in this car - it ins't just to look at - though it's pretty good at that as well :)

I'll be doing a short one this weekend to Tulsa for a Cars and Coffee from Oklahoma City. Lots of fun to be had.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Coincidentally, last weekend I just finished a non-stop road trip in my 2011 from suburbs of Chicago to Chapel Hill, NC where I plan to keep the car over the winter. I thought I'd need to stay overnight on this nearly 900 mile drive, but the car was so comfortable (and fun) I just kept going. The secret was to hit almost every rest area, walk around, talk to everyone who asks about the car, and then get on the road again. Total time including these stops was 16 hours. Probably averaged around 70 mph and got 25 mpg. I will eventually need to make the acquaintance of the Lotus dealer in Wake Forest.

I will need a long gap before I do this again, however.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts