The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, basically...i'm going to be in Easton, MD on Sunday. I figure, since i have to be in Easton i might as well find some good roads and do some spirited driving. So any of you guys have any roads? suggestions?

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
There ARE roads there !! ( I've been there, I know )...rotfl

·
Registered
910 Posts
I worked in Easton for 13yrs and used to take my '81 Scirocco S out for daily lunch drives :shift: For a Sunday drive, I'd go to St.Michaels and take the ferry over to Oxford and back to Easton. I'm not certain the ferry will be operation on Easter but if you're looking to drive... visit both towns. Obey speed limits in town areas!!! Good luck and seriously try to get lost, all roads make their way back to Rte. 50 at some point...

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Roaddad, the map helps a lot since i dont believe in GPS :D

Kestrel, :eek:...its a good thing they have roads...my car cant go off roading :(

Dwilde: I'll try to figure out if the ferry will be operating on easter sunday (they should). I will at some get lost because i dont believe in the GPS.

Thank you all for your suggestions, if you remember something dont hesitate to add stuff. Kestrel, you can hesitate if you like :p lol

·
Registered
910 Posts
I'll be on the shore Saturday and Sunday. Tomorrow's my birthday and I've got some friends togther to go shoot some sporting clays over in Caroline County. I hope the rain breaks by afternoon... Looks like Elise weather is forecasted Sunday! :shift:

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
I was born and raised over on the Eastern Shore. There are lots of great backroads down there.

+1 what DWilde said about town speed limits. The small towns on the 'shore (and they are ALL small towns) get most of their revenue from speeding tickets. If the speed limit is 30, don't do 31. They REALLY love to pull over city slickers down there.

·
Registered
257 Posts
After Sunday brunch I might be out runnin' the roads.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^ thanks for the info.

I'll be getting out to the back roads around 12-1pm, i'm hoping to head out earlier but that depends on when church ends.

Dwilde: happy early birthday :D. Hopefully, i'll see you driving around on sunday lol

·
Registered
773 Posts
I was born and raised over on the Eastern Shore. There are lots of great backroads down there.

+1 what DWilde said about town speed limits. The small towns on the 'shore (and they are ALL small towns) get most of their revenue from speeding tickets. If the speed limit is 30, don't do 31. They REALLY love to pull over city slickers down there.
I can attest! ...I've actually been written there (well, Bridgeville, DE - but it's all the same once you've crossed the bridge) for 27 in a 25! :panic:

Hey, if yer over that way for the day anyway ...come on out to Laurel, DE. We'll be jumping all day (supposed to be BEAUTIFUL) at Skydive Delmarva! :coolnana: Easter-bunny suits in freefall, optional. ;)

·
Registered
773 Posts
P.S. - some of my favorite roads out there, are a bit further east than Easton. Whaleysville in particular, and this time of the year before the corn is grown, you can see clearly for MILES what is coming at you (including through all the nice twisties)! - Johnny Law is not allowed to write you (or you can successfully fight it anyway if he/she did) at anything "observed" over 1,000ft. - So this comes in quite handy down there too, for sure.

No need to ask me how I know. :p

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Scrumpot, i would've definitely taken up that offer to jump any other day. I'm going to be pretty busy on sunday with family and i'm squeezing in this drive so i can do something fun (not that hanging out with family isnt fun), lol. Maybe some other day, you need to send me prices and what not :D, i would love to come out and jump.

If i have enough time, i will definitely check out Whaleysville. If not i'm doing what Dwilde said and just gonna have a good time.

We need to do a organized "fun" run sometime :D

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
P.S. - some of my favorite roads out there, are a bit further east than Easton. Whaleysville in particular, and this time of the year before the corn is grown, you can see clearly for MILES what is coming at you (including through all the nice twisties)! - Johnny Law is not allowed to write you (or you can successfully fight it anyway if he/she did) at anything "observed" over 1,000ft. - So this comes in quite handy down there too, for sure.

No need to ask me how I know. :p
Hey Grant, get a GPS...Whaleysville is close to an hour south of Easton, closer to Ocean City.

One thing to watch in the small towns. When you're leaving them, the road instantly opens up, and you see fields and open space Grant refers to. Impulse is to speed up to what you believe is the speed limit...50...or maybe more.

Trick is, most of them don't post 50 for a good 1/2 mile or more that you are out of town. They pick off so many non-locals that way.

Rule of thumb when driving on any eastern shore road that is not Route 50 or 301: if more than one car in a row is doing the speed limit, they are probably locals. And if they are, they are doing the speed limit for a reason. They know something you don't!

·
Registered
773 Posts
LOL. Yeah, I thought of that after I posted. Mixed up Whaleysville (pretty much b/c of the Easton proximity/reference) with what I meant rather - of Bishopville. - DOH. Like I said though, once you're east of that bridge, it's really all the same anyway. :p - South/East... it's all the same to me out there. Whatever. :huh:

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rule of thumb when driving on any eastern shore road that is not Route 50 or 301: if more than one car in a row is doing the speed limit, they are probably locals. And if they are, they are doing the speed limit for a reason. They know something you don't!
Good advice, i will try not to get a ticket tomorrow. Hopefully, church wont take too long :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts