The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Today, I was in the presence of greatness. A member of Lotus Royalty:D whooped butt over all, at the POC time trial. Very developed Porsche race cars, HIGH hp Vettes, and few slower Loti, Jack again rose up to the challenge when the timing started, besting his previous best at SMMP by nearly 3 seconds.:bow::clap: Great driving Jack, lots of fun.

Oh, and the car, "Rocket Powered" would be slow in comparison. Another member of Lotus Royalty, Your Highness Sir Charles, you have created a monster.:clap::D No wait, you created a INCREDIBLE tune in a VERY capable car. Like I've often told people, when under 1700lbs and this chassis is SOOOOOO different, and when combined with the new, "drivable" mid range power this car has, YUM.:drool::clap:

·
shay2nak
25,133 Posts
I didn't know Jack had a 2bular system on there. I'm gonna get the same tune dropped in the car soon, but to drop 300 lbs is another story.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
so far the only way to run this tune is to drop 300-400lbs , i have not tested it on a heavy car yet, but i do have a modified version of it in my car that i'm road testing at the moment (effectively S with decat and headers, i'm running forcedfeds but they ought to be close enough )

cheers and congrats jack :)

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I didn't know Jack had a 2bular system on there. I'm gonna get the same tune dropped in the car soon, but to drop 300 lbs is another story.
Bah, just get 350whp to get to the same power to weight ratio ;) The 2-11 with factory tune was already blistering, I'd love to see Jack's car on the track in person.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bah, just get 350whp to get to the same power to weight ratio ;) The 2-11 with factory tune was already blistering, I'd love to see Jack's car on the track in person.
Robert, its not just a function of power to weight, its about when and how you can use the power. I don't think an Exige w/ 400whp could be as quick, There were some VERY high hp P-cars and Vetts, the power doesn't help when you are turning and stopping.:D

·
Registered
346 Posts
Awesome Jack! Previously I wanted to come back as Hefner but saw Jack's stable of cars and was rethinking all this... now its official I will attempt to be reincarnated as Jack.

Brent is so correct.... significant weight reduction transforms this platform. Fist time driving an s1 felt like the steering wheel was not connected to anything as if the wheel was only connected to a swivel chair. Read about the FrankenLotus or Perry's car... can only imagine the experience of a dialed in 211.

·
shay2nak
25,133 Posts
How does weight affect the tune?

so far the only way to run this tune is to drop 300-400lbs , i have not tested it on a heavy car yet, but i do have a modified version of it in my car that i'm road testing at the moment (effectively S with decat and headers, i'm running forcedfeds but they ought to be close enough )

cheers and congrats jack :)

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
I also dont understand how weight effects the tune but either way.... congrats...I need a ride i nthat thing Jack!

·
Premium Member
4,713 Posts
Today, I was in the presence of greatness. A member of Lotus Royalty:D whooped butt over all, at the POC time trial. Very developed Porsche race cars, HIGH hp Vettes, and few slower Loti, Jack again rose up to the challenge when the timing started, besting his previous best at SMMP by nearly 3 seconds.:bow::clap:

......Great driving Jack, lots of fun.

.... Another member of Lotus Royalty, Your Highness Sir Charles, you have created a monster.:clap::D No wait, you created a INCREDIBLE tune in a VERY capable car.....

Brent,

Thanks for the kind words, but the car that Lotus built deserves all the credit along with the excellent tune Saint Charles (he's been elevated from "Sir") developed for the 2bular header-equipped 2Eleven. It was an effortless, no drama drive to turn a 2:30.xx lap on the 3.1 mile circuit during the time trial (one of the fastest times that day at the PCA TT). In Brent's hands, with his superior driving skills, the car would have gone another 3 seconds faster. :bow:

All in all, it was a fun-filled weekend at Spring Mountain -- first time that I've had my 2Eleven there, but it won't be the last. ;)

Now for some photos.... I love the 2Eleven's butt... :D :D

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts