The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found my track only 2005 Elise at Wire Wheel and would like to install a full roll cage. The info I am finding seems either incomplete or from a few years ago. I am in the Atlanta area and welcome any suggestions or input out there.I plan to purchase one and take care of the installation. Thanks, Lou

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply, but the dealer for Safety Devices in NJ doesn't list roll bars for the Elise..

·
Vendor
6,309 Posts
The VSA cage is one of the few (only?) that doesn't destory ingress/egress of the car. If your racing body mandates door bars, you can add them to the VSA cage. The Lotus cage and the one linked to above substantially cut down on valuable realestate needed for people of even average height.

The VSA cage has the most remaining interior space and the highest headroom you can possibly get in the car.

Here's the downside: Since it conforms so well to the roof line, A-pillars, etc, it's surely the hardest to install. I've done it. It's NOT EASY (and I don't say that about much). It is however, worth it...

-Phil

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Phil, have an email in to VSA, sounds
like what I am looking for. Keep you posted . Lou

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FYI to all, contacted Safety Devices re: full roll cage for 2005 Elise and unfortunately I thought based on American dealers web site they don't carry the item. Has been clarified for me, they do not carry item in regular inventory, but will special order. To save individual freight cost they special order twice a year to ship all at once. Separate special order will send the cost of freight up approx to twice the cost of cage. SO, if there is anyone thinking about getting one, lets coordinate orders and save freight..Lou

1 - 11 of 11 Posts