The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to tell the Forum administrators how annoying these pop-up ads are. :mad: :mad: :mad:

These are the the advertisements that freeze the computer for a second, then pop-up a video in the way of everything until you close it. :thwack:

It is SO easy to trip these things while navigating a page! :mad: Currently (April 2015), my browser (Firefox) shows one on the top and one on the bottom for a local physical therapy company.

+++++++++

I have no issue with forum ads, I realize these are a benefit as they offset the cost of providing this Forum. I click-through on the advertisers when ever I can, 'cause I know this is tracked.

But keep it MY decision when to open the ads!

None of the other Autoguide forums that I frequent have this type of rollover popup.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Try viewing this website not logged in. It takes several seconds to load, and you are locked out from scrolling. Most websites today are so overloaded with ads that it is not worth the trouble, or the wait. CNN dot com is a good example. But you will never convince the webmasters to change anything. Adblock is the only solution, but then the website doesn't get paid....

It reminded me of the TV ads that have the volume baked in at 2-3x normal volume, and you literally run for the remote to mute it. What did they think was going to happen?

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I'm not logged in I can't post, right? So that's not the best solution.

I post a LOT in the Esprit section. (And the JOKES thread, LOL)

PS, the annoying roll over ads are gone this afternoon. There are still AdChoices ads for the same company, but you need to click on them to get more info (which, IMO is as it should be).

·
Registered
92 Posts
In addition to Adblock, I use the NoScript plugin for firefox. It has saved me a lot of headaches from malicious and just plain annoying web pages.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts