The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the car back on the track this past weekend- Wow!

We had another baby last year, so all I've been doing is working on the car-Track pack suspension; BWR anit-sway bar; RTVbrace; Advan slicks; polyurethane engine mount inserts; reinforced shifter assymbly are just a few of the performance enhancements I've made (between changing diapers) since my last track day in March of '08- ...Oh yea, and the BWR supercharger!

The driver (me) went through Skip barber 3-day racing school last month-

The moment of truth was this weekend- The car is incredible, and way beyond my skill level- I'm not sure where the the car's new limits are, but I didn't even come close!

I was little concerned about tracking the supercharger, but it was flawless- I was firing out of the turns like a slingshot, shifting at 8k, and hitting triple digits in every straight- The engine temp maintained 195 the entire time (ambient was around 70)- Break hard, turn in, boom! on to the straight- Not once did I feel like I was pushing the envelope- ...I was saving that for Sunday-

I heat-cycled the slicks Satuday evening which gave me 2 good hot laps- I was planning to become more familiar with the new set up Sunday (once the tires had cured), but PBOC didn't like my helmet clearance under my top, and asked that I not return the next day :(

So, I plan to continue getting reaquainted with the car at the LOG track day in May- Can't wait!

Land vehicle Vehicle Race track Car Motorsport

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
wait wait what the hell is that gigantic spider?????

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you going to address the helmet clearance issue?
I've contemplated vertebrae romoval, but it sounds painful- -eek-

I showed up with my soft top, and evidently they could see the imprint of my helmet under the top :shrug:

I don't blame them for playing it safe, and they offered to refund the Sunday portion - still waiting

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
...I showed up with my soft top, and evidently they could see the imprint of my helmet under the top :shrug:
Tell 'em it's your "Gurney Bubble." :)

I'd guess they feel that's not so much helmet clearance under the top problem as a helmet clearance above the rollbar problem.

Bummer.

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts