The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, I couldn't find this answer after 15 mins of searching, though I'm sure its out there somewhere.

How are you folks rolling up your soft top? I roll each side to the center, with the exterior fabric on the outside. I'm curious mostly if perhaps I should be rolling it up so it is "inside out"

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
I always unlatched one side, rolled it across the top of the car, then walked around the car and unlatched the other side, so it ended up with the interior side of the top on the outside of the rolled-up top. I kept it in the storage bag.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I always unlatched one side, rolled it across the top of the car, then walked around the car and unlatched the other side, so it ended up with the interior side of the top on the outside of the rolled-up top. I kept it in the storage bag.
I do the same.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Same here. We unhook each side, roll each side to the center, then put in the bag. So interior side is out. Just makes putting it back on easy since you place in the center, roll out and snap on each side.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
well.............sometimes I roll it from the left to the right.....and sometimes I roll it from the right to the left.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
well.............sometimes I roll it from the left to the right.....and sometimes I roll it from the right to the left.
I'm pretty sure that violates the requirements of the Owner's Manual and voids the drivetrain warranty.

xtn

·
Premium Member
11,897 Posts
Doesn't the manual say to unlatch the lh side first when removing the top, and to latch the lh side first when installing the top?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I thought it was start on the left to put on and start on the right to take it off?

·
Registered
332 Posts
The ECU records which side you unlatch first and it will void the warranty if you start on the wrong side against the manual!!!

·
Premium Member
11,897 Posts
I thought it was start on the left to put on and start on the right to take it off?
I am easily confused.

Install: "Engaging the LH...side first, will minimise the possiblity of the canopy tensioning cable adjusters causing damage to the roof seals"

Removal: Releasing the RH...side first..." etc.

duh...I was wrong. sorry. There was a thread here about the cables breaking due to possibly incorrect order.

So, LH side is first, and last.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts