The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am from CA, I prefer the gulf side of FL for this trip, because the Miami/daytona side is stuff I have seen.

Would you guys recommend the west side of Florida for a 3-4 day romantic weekend getaway? If so, what city would you recommend, as I need to grab tickets for two. Would like to have a nice relaxing/romantic weekend vacation. Would like to avoid the AARP people and the spring breakers.

I am looking for a pretty romantic place.

Appreciate any help you can provide.

Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
ft. lauderdale for relaxing and south beach for partying... is there really any other options? oh, yes there is-- key west is awesome!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
St Pete can be very nice...but yes, you'll run into some of the snowbird and Aarp crowd....although they won't be frequenting the nicer hotels and restaurants. If you wnat secluded, head north towards Crystal River----takes you back to an uncrowded, not overdeveloped Florida.

Rgrds,
john m,

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Check out South Seas Plantation on Captiva Island.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,154 Posts
Sannibel, Captiva, Naples.....all good suggestions.

I like to stay here... Casa Playa Resort, Fort Myers Beach, FL

The north end of Estero Island in Ft. Myers Beach is fairly quiet. The beach is right out your door and has almost no one on it. This is probably the 'least romantic' of the suggestions so far....but it's nice....and not that expensive.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Although it is east coast, the ritz in amelia island is great

·
Registered
906 Posts
Marsh Harbor in the Bahamas, or try Bimini (Bimini bay, go online to see) for $200 ticket you are in another world. Nothing like being in 20 feet of water and you can see the star fish on the bottom. Go snorkling of the Sapona, 15ft depth and at least 3000 fish...of all sizes.

Just stay away from Nassau...tourist trap

·
Registered
337 Posts
Gulfcoast Coast Autocrossers

Off of Exit 138 and I-75 gulfcoastautocrossers.com 1 mile of amazing concrete

Practice Jan 31......race--Autocross Feb 1.....about 30 miles north of naples....

Naples...lots of nice hotels on the beach....

·
Registered
157 Posts
South Florida
Diplomat in Hollywood

South beach is fun

Fort Lauderdale

West palm beach

Key west is by far the best Mile 0

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What do you guys think of Treasure Island? A friend recommended the Bilmar on Treasure Island.

He said we could hitch a cab ride there. It is on the beach. Nice place. Few days out in the sun. Good restaurants around.

Anybody agree/disagree? Thanks!

·
Not the admin anymore
11,154 Posts
I'd go farther south and away from such a big city....but that's just me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I used to live about 10 min from Treasure Island, and I don't remember anything nice or romantic about it....but it's got a beach and plenty of restaurants, so:shrug:....As others have suggested, Sanibel/Captiva Islands, Naples, West Palm, South Beach...good luck with your search. And welcome to Florida, in advance.:)

·
Registered
752 Posts
Sand Pearl on Clearwater Beach is very very nice. If you want peace and quite sanibel is great. Clearwater is very close to Tampa which has great nigh life and some fantastic places to eat, including Berns Steackhouse. The finest steak on earth and the largest wine collection on the planet.

·
Registered
222 Posts
If you want secluded I would recommend this place. This is not your typical vacation destination. Guyana is a relatively cheap country to visit, and one of the largest waterfalls in the world is there at the border of the rainforest. In 2003 they renovated a home on the edge of the falls that you can stay in. For less than $100 a night you can stay in the most beautiful place I have ever seen. The only catch is you have to charter a flight to get there one you land in Guyana.

KAIETEUR GUEST HOUSE
The picturesque guest house has a quaint veranda offering a view of the nearby Falls. It was built in 1975 by Government and has been recently refurbished (2003). There are two bedrooms, each with two beds. One of the bedrooms is self contained while the other is regular standard. In addition, there are 12 comfortable hammocks which can be hung most anywhere inside guesthouse. All beds and hammocks are equipped with nets although very few mosquitoes are found on site. . Solar powered electricity (110V), water, stove, large dining table and refrigerator are available. Rain water is used as drinking water, so carry purification tablets. All food must be taken in by air. The resident housekeeper is more than willing to prepare vegetables or cook complete meals when requested. There is a radio set for communication.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.