The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't know where to post so how about General?

Huge thanks to Jack, Shinoo, Neil and everyone at Sector for a great safe event today. Today was a great experiment seeing how Frank's and my SC's would hold up on a long day at the track. Frank's was amazing, it would just pull on the straights and sounded like those speeder bikes on SWEP6 on steroids. It ran in multiple run groups with several people driving it - obviously the intercooler is doing its job correctly.

Mine had the 10lb pulley put in recently and it also held up with the all day abuse. It ran in 2 groups (instructor took it out in advanced) so didn't have much time to rest, and water temps were initially 181 in the beginning of the day and rose to about 190 max toward the end. I don't have an EGT probe, or the fancy air charge temp gauges that Frank has, but the car was pulling hard all day. I also upgraded the springs on my single nitrons to 525/650 and the car felt amazing (muchas gracias Frank).

There were also 2 cup cars hauling ass as well as one Hass Turbo. All 4 supercharged Lotus cars performed great ;) ...there was an issue with the Hass, don't know what it was or what it was related to -

·
purveyor of lightness
4,118 Posts
kaz said:
Mine had the 10lb pulley put in recently and it also held up with the all day abuse. It ran in 2 groups (instructor took it out in advanced) so didn't have much time to rest, and water temps were initially 181 in the beginning of the day and rose to about 190 max toward the end. I don't have an EGT probe, or the fancy air charge temp gauges that Frank has, but the car was pulling hard all day.
Kaz, how much water injection did you use - and what octane were you running for the 10psi pulley?

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mikelr said:
OK, the barn door is now open...rotfl
Oh, didn't mean that as a jab or anything lol - could have been anything, could be nonHass related -

darkSol said:
Kaz, how much water injection did you use - and what octane were you running for the 10psi pulley?
Last time I was here since I only went through 1 gallon since it was just me driving and it's not like I was full throttle the whole way around. Since the car was running in 2 groups with my instructor driving it as well it went through a little less than 2 gallons - I am very glad I got the 1 gallon resevoir installed. Gas at first was half 91 half 100, then later full tank of 100.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts