The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The top of the hood of a Rolls Royce (!)

Sorry no photos, but it's true. :eek:

I happened to be in a dealer's garage area and they had a couple of the press car Elises and one was nose-to-nose with one of the new Rollers. The Elise looked like it could have fit into the Rolls' trunk (boot) !

One of the mechanics said the federal Elise is the first car in about 20 years that's really impressed him, and he's driven a lot of great cars.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
It's almost the same level as the Benz's hood too.

Here's a picture from a Euro demo at Scotsdale Lotus:

And this is what the "OVLOV" driver will sees a split second before impact.

;)

And here's what the Elise pilot see's .5 seconds before impact:

Link to old thread of Euro Demo at Scottsdale Lotus:
http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=746

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Heres a comparison from the Pittsburg show but its not real good:

I think someone also once posted a picture of thwm side to side and it was from a show on the west coast of Florida.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Derek said:
Once you get over the fact that it's a ferrari, I think I like the side profile of the Elise more than the 360.
actually I think the side profile of the Elise is its least flattering angle

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
here's a pic I took outside LCU about 3 weeks ago. The Elise is sitting next to a Honda Accord.

Note: the center third light on the roof of the Elise is lower than the third light on the bottom of the rear window of the Honda!

Attachments

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
Genjuro said:
shay2nak has the best Avatar / caption as of right now.
thanks Genjuro! :clap: He will definitely keep us posted on any new problems or info that will come up in the near future. :p

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
It's images like this that make me feel uneasy about getting the Elise. Its so small that it look out of place, and toy-like. :(

[insert cold feet (again) here]

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
It's images like this that make me feel uneasy about getting the Elise. Its so small that it look out of place, and toy-like. :(

i'd have to say that this is the best pic that i have seen comparing the size of the Elise among "normal" sized cars. It most certainly looks like a toy - a RC car. I'm amazed everytime i see this photo. Most definitely a badass looking toy. I can't wait to see the demo and drive it.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Agreed on the best pic. It makes the Accord look huge!!

And Baghdad Bob is the funniest Avatar ever! Still, I'll take the bouncing breasts for their curb appeal....

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:

For me images like that one makes me really happy I'll be getting one. Instead of comparing the body I compare the tires and the CG.

Can't wait!!!!!!!!

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
Pimping said:
I like this one!!

I though Mini`s were small.:clap:
yeah that's a good shot of the height. I wish the picture had been taken farther away to include the entire body of both cars for a better comparison. That's why the 111S and Accord photo is excellent.

Surferjer, thanks for the compliment! :clap:

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
All of you saying how good the Accord/Elise picture is are making me blush:p

When I saw the 2 of them sitting side by side out front of LCU, I thought it would make a great picture because the Accord is so common it makes for a good ruler.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I wonder if the Elise is lower than a Triumph Spitfire or Mg Midget?
I think it is slightly longer in lenght, but it is still smaller than an MBG or TR6. Is there anyone in GB who can post a picture of some of these cars next to an Elise?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts