The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

room

857 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Arno 
#1 ·
Besides the ride what about the room?

#2 ·
Sorry ya'll i did not mean to start a new thread, but only a continuation of to those who have test driven. Aaron

#3 ·
I'd say the feeling is snug. It's sort of like the old BMW Z3s and smaller than the Boxsters. I'm not sure how it relates to the S2000.

If you're along, I dont' think same is an issue. If you're with a passenger, then it may get a bit more cramp, since the seats are so close together. If you're small enough to move the driver seat forward, you can get a bit more distance, since the passenger seats do not move.

#4 ·
How much room there is also depends if you're the driver or the passenger :)

Not sure if they kept this for the Fed version, but I suspect they did as it's the basic layout of the car..

The Elise seats are set up a-symmetrically. The driver's seat is a little more to the center of the car and the passenger a little to the side. So you get more space as driver.

Also the reason why you can't move the seat forward anyway if you were to fit the passenger seat on movable rails. It hits the center divider and gearstick surround.

The driver's foot area is also larger than the passenger's side.

The whole setup is a-symmetrical and focused on the driver.

Take a good look at the rear-view mirror.. it is mounted off-center (more to the passenger side) and not in the middle. Well known problem when a windshield is replaced and they mistakenly glue the mirror in the center..

In any case you're sure to be pretty 'close' to your passenger or you will be when you get out! (BTW.. For the most pleasurable experience it works best with a pretty passenger :D )

Bye, Arno.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.