The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Rota Torque in Flat Black available now 16x7.0 26mm Front 17X8.0 38mm Rear $544.00 a set, Plus shipping. Please call to Order only a few sets. 925-371-2288

Sorry for the obvious question, but what's the weight?

Thanks,

Phil

·
Registered
201 Posts
The previous group buy was custom and had slightly different offsets. ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
The previous group buy was custom and had slightly different offsets. ;)
Without the "slightly different offset", will these rims have any rub issues?

·
Registered
123 Posts
how come it's so much heavier than in the group buy thread?
the weight was:
Style: Rota Torque
Color: Flat Black
Fronts: 16x7 +27 Weight: 14.3 lbs
Rears: 17x8 +35 Weight: 18.5 lbs
With 4x100 bolt pattern - hubcentric for a Lotus Elise

·
Registered
150 Posts
They aren't. The wgts you quote were posted by Midashand who organized the group buy. However, the delivered rims weighed more, and are about the same as the Torque rims that FF is selling. Check the later posts on the group buy thread:

16" at about 16 lbs.
17" are about 20 lbs

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/1115583-post146.html

the weight was:

·
Registered
123 Posts
cheers for the correction, but still seems rather heavy even when compared to the slipstream of similar size

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
OK - I'm a little confused. How can these wheels have slightly different offsets and still fit?

Perhaps the reason the wheels are cheaper is because we paid for the original setup costs in the group buy and now that the (Mold?) has been made they can produce them cheaper?

The original weights I posted were from the vendors website. The actual weights were heavier as listed above.

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
great looking wheels, pity about the weight. I guess if they are any lighter, they would cost a lot more

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
the weight was:
Because those weren't the real weights.

I also weighed mine from the other buy and the actual weights from my calibrated postal shipping scale were:

19lbs 11 oz Rear
17 lbs 8 oz Front.

If your wheels (or more likely the well worn tires!) are anything like mine plan on a couple extra ounces of weight to balance them too. One of the lines of wheel weights I have going has exceeded ridiculous. I wish I would of caught the balance boy in action cause I would of had him break the tire back down and rotate it 180 on the wheel- like I used to do.)

ForcedFed: Do you have an extra set of the basic flat caps I can buy? I want to make custom black and orange Lotus emblems like I have on my factory wheels now. I have the carbon fiber style caps but I put them up for sale and I think someone may be buying them.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts