The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Rothrock in Pa yesterday....

9 cars delivered so far, a few were 'special' (ie not customer ordered cars, they say they've had NO drop offs) cars that the sales manager told me they got from Lotus because they've done Lotus some favors.

Still have submitted only 20 orders to the factory, have no idea when they'll be going with the next 10.

With an allocation like that, makes you wonder just what kinds of favors they must've done for Lotus.

There were two Elises in the Washington Post this past Sunday....private sales...mmm.....

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
If I had not placed an order yet, I would be looking very closely at the For Sale section of this forum and considering a road trip to wherever to pick up a car. However, unless you have been waiting more than a year, you may still have your sanity and not need to resort to this.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Kusheen,

Have they called you with any updates or were you the one that called them? I can't even get a return call from Ollie and I'm lower on the list...

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Gang,

Just received a call from Dwayne Sowell, the new Lotus sales manager at Rothrock. Dwayne is taking over management of the Lotus line for Ollie (who apparently will be focused only on sales in future). Dwayne had heard that some of us were less than fully satisfied with the updates and wanted to make things right. He gave me his email and phone number and has promised to keep me updated as to the status of the order. He noted that they consider Lotus a top priority.

For those of you with deposits at Rothrock, this should be a positive influence. If you need a contact, please contact him at:

Dwayne Sowell
[email protected]
610-946-1450

Hopefully this is a turning point! :clap:

Chris

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm not holding my breath...we'll see.

Thanks for the info Chris

·
Registered
238 Posts
All I'm saying is they treated me like crap when I went there to order an elise.......I went to Ascot and it now looks like they have a shorter wait....so they haven't even delivered 10 cars yet and all ready 2 "gift cars" have shown up...What favors?? fricken theives..when I do buy a Z06 it won't be from them...and you can tell that to Dwayne

PS When I was going to put down my deposit at Rothrock I would have been 68. I was told it would be a 2 year wait. I put down a deposit about three weeks later at Ascot....ironicly I got #68 at Ascot. (go figure) I also looked into Princeton but I though their list was to long (in the mid seventies at that point if I remeber correctly). What you don't know about is allocations....at the rate that I hear about cars comming in I would have been happy at either Ascot or Princeton. I here Ascot has had some people drop off their list and they expect more to do so. I'm really glad Ollie and the rest of Rothrock gave me horrible service and made me look else were.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts