The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
OK I still have this issue and maybe I am overthinking it. Car ran great at scca time trials last Tuesday at PBIR. Today I checked my catch cans and there was about 20 ml <.5 oz of oil/fluid in the PCV can. (saiko muchi twin) Now my brain starts going. Well I sent out my 440 RC injectors to RC and the were cleaned and balanced with no issues. New plugs and known new good coil packs. Well I dd a compression test today just to see and here are the readings. (open throttle 10 revolutions cold engine) #1 (closest to timing chain) 240 psi, #2 230 psi, #3 230 psi, #4 225 psi. Now these are all great and I am pretty sure rings are healthy. Question is why was 1 higher. This was the plug that was originally fowled. All plugs were dry and clean when removed. My question is it seems like some residual fuel/oil in cylinder that would give the higher compression reading. The super charger has been on the car for>10 years with 1 preventative maintenance. No leaks by pressure test and builds to 7.5 psi no issue. I know others have bigger issues but every time I go to a track event I am concerned I may be doing some damage. I will try the BOE surge tank if I have any funds left after shock upgrade:) If anyone has found a resolution to this I would love to know. Thanks for reading my long post. Tommy

·
Registered
42 Posts
My '07 Exige did this until I started filling with Non-Ethanol. It's been 9 months now and it's been fine.

Good luck

21 - 22 of 22 Posts