The Lotus Cars Community banner

101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Video of my best lap of the Lotus Cup weekend set during qualifying for Sunday's race -- 1:35.49. It was a personal best and ~ a 2 second improvement over last year.

Due to traffic issues, I had to turn our 25 minute qualifying session into a 2 lap time trial with 6 minutes left in the session by re-griding myself and asking for space. It was actually a lot of fun having to perform under pressure with little time on the clock.....kind of F1 like. rotfl

Before Brent chimes in, let me say ..... I know, Brent, there's a good amount of easy time that I left on the table -- next time, I'll work on my "coasting" before braking, braking later for T-2, T-5 and T-8, and getting to gas a bit earlier in several places. Other than that, I just need to brake less for T-6, use all the track on exit and go FASTER everywhere. But for all that, everything was just great, right? :D

I'll also remember to clean the bug splatter off the camera lens next time too. :eek:

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Nice work Jack! :up:

Now all you have to do is:

...work on my "coasting" before braking, braking later for T-2, T-5 and T-8, and getting to gas a bit earlier in several places. Other than that, I just need to brake less for T-6, use all the track on exit and go FASTER everywhere.
:p

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Just do it Andy/Jack ... there is no turning back. Think how your 2-11s feel being neglected and left out to pasture from the "other woman". ;)

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Believe me, since I need a new transmission anyway, I'm reviewing my options...

:D
Andy,

Buy 2 ... one for me, please. :)

Open class rules should mandate all cars within the class have a sequential tranny (as appears to be the case except for the Super Guac and Red Dragon :D) and there should be a Lotus Cup USA subsidy ..... sort of like gov't assistance for oil companies and farmers. It's the American way ..... rotfl

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
Some race action photos from Laguna .......:shift:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
A few more of the photo whore ..... :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Great shots Jack, you got some good compression going on in the cork screw.

Here is my full race 1 in-car (again sorry for the over exposure, tried to adjust post production with not much success):

and full race 2 in-car:

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Andy, I think your race pace would be faster (I could only get about 3 good laps out my tires before over heating them) so the only hope for me would be to make it to T2 first and hopefully not make any mistakes and try to hold you off ... but if you put on new tires for the race I don't think I would stand a chance vs used tires.
Rob-
What compound are you on? I was running used SO4,s with 3 races on them in each race and they felt awesome. I know you have a bunch more power, but if your using S01's, an S04 could last the entire race for you!

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Rob-
What compound are you on? I was running used SO4,s with 3 races on them in each race and they felt awesome. I know you have a bunch more power, but if your using S01's, an S04 could last the entire race for you!
Robb,

I'm using whatever I can find in the left over tire pile, "I think" most of them are S01 ... but to be honest I haven't verified every set. I'm still trying to figure out the Yokohama A005, my used sets seem to vary a lot (assuming they are all S01s - pretty sure they are) and I think it has more to do with how much heat they got rather than just the number of heat cycles alone.

What's the lap delta between a new set of S01's vs. S04's?

Rob

·
Registered
213 Posts
The level of competition has really been stepped up. Great to see everyone continuously improving their skills, on and off the track. Lots of awesome racing.
We should have some amazing video from this event. Stay tuned!
Well I tried Robbie but I am not only out of tune and out of phase. But now I am off kilter (on and off the track) as well!

101 - 120 of 120 Posts