The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a little problem I hope some of you could help me fix. Where can I route a signal-cable from the cd-player and back to the trunk? It would be very nice if some of you could post either pictures or drawings of where i can route the cable and some personal experiences.

Thanks!

Anders for Norway

·
Registered
836 Posts
look at one of the posts waydui did. He shows how to route the signal cable from the ignition to the dash. Great pictures.

He routed the cable next to the wires for the gearlinkage, I did the same, piece of cake.

It is under the ishift write up. Sorry, I dont know how to link it.

Swede

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
look at one of the posts waydui did. He shows how to route the signal cable from the ignition to the dash. Great pictures.

He routed the cable next to the wires for the gearlinkage, I did the same, piece of cake.

It is under the ishift write up. Sorry, I dont know how to link it.

Swede
I can´t find this post. Can you just copy the link from your search-line on your browser and post it?

And btw, thanks for the reply! :)

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I can't provide detailed links, but in general, this is how you can route the cable: from the stereo, pass the wires behind the passenger side airbag cover (not sure if your Elise has that or not, but there should be a space there). On the passenger side of the extruded aluminum storage tray portion of the dash, there's a flat plastic cover. Pop that off. You can then get to the cables that you ran through the dash, and reroute them towards the front of the car, into the space above the passenger's feet. From there, you can route them to the centerline of the vehicle, and drop them down into the aluminum tunnel that divides the footwells. Then through the center console, to the firewall grommet behind the driver's seat, then back to the trunk via the grommet the battery wires pass through.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts