The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed such a malfunction in my Lotus Elise S 2016. When I start the engine in the morning, I press the accelerator pedal, the rpm first drops from idle to about 600 by 0.5s, then it rises. And during the ride you hear claps from the muffler when shifting gears. Problems goes away after 3-4 km when the engine warms up.

Can anyone say is this normal for Lotus or my car having some problems?
The air filter is new. Ignition coils are ok. Spark plugs are visually okay too. I also tried to disconnect power cable from the MAF sensor.

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,559 Posts
I would think with that kind of behavior you would have a code thrown. You not stomping on it when cold it seems.

Your model is different than the majority of ours here in US. Just the same, I guess if drive able I would just try to run the tank of fuel out. Keep your eyes peeled, but not normal in my experience with vehicles in general.

Claps from muffler would make me think fuel issue, not certain with the information you have thus far. Either ECU is stopping things, or something might be clogged? Maybe someone more knowledgable with chime in.

Actually, if it was my vehicle and I had another, I would sort it out before driving much more.

Assuming what you experienced recently even happens again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wait, what? Why would you do that?
To verify that this will not bring any changes. Otherwise I would clear the MAF sensor. I connected it back after a test engine start and checking engine rpm.

I would think with that kind of behavior you would have a code thrown. You not stomping on it when cold it seems.
The obd scanner did not show error codes. If drive smoothly for the first few minutes, then all my symptoms may not even be noticed.
Tha car has the supercharged 2ZR engine with 1798 cc and 220 BHP. 14,000 km mileage

1 - 4 of 4 Posts