The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that red little light which i guess is the warning to shift is constantly blinking.

I noticed it after drivin around tonight that it keeps blinking really fast. But the red light is really dim. Im glad Im already goin to lotus neways on monday but just to keep from getting paranoid ne body know what this problem is?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I passed on buying a used car for this reason. There is an explanation somewhere on this forum, but I can't find it and I have to go.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
that red little light which i guess is the warning to shift is constantly blinking.

I noticed it after drivin around tonight that it keeps blinking really fast. But the red light is really dim. Im glad Im already goin to lotus neways on monday but just to keep from getting paranoid ne body know what this problem is?
Is it flickering more than blinking? I had the same problem... it was caused by loose battery connections. Apparently Lotus ships the cars with the battery connections loose (so they can be removed easily?), and it's something the dealers regularly miss during prep. BTW, there are two "sets" of connections for each terminal... the cable to the lug, and the lug to the battery... check both.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I spent some time looking for the reference I mentioned earlier, but could not find it. The dealer said "it wasn't a problem", but I didn't (and still don't) trust car salesmens' opinion about technical issues. When I searched online, something came up on elisetalk that made me decide against it. Something about the alarm maybe...?

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
i bought it brand new. its an 07 i got it with 17 miles
I spent some time looking for the reference I mentioned earlier, but could not find it. The dealer said "it wasn't a problem", but I didn't (and still don't) trust car salesmens' opinion about technical issues. When I searched online, something came up on elisetalk that made me decide against it. Something about the alarm maybe...?
Seriously, check the battery connections...

The Uberpost is required reading for all new owners...

Check this thread for the flickering shift light problem

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
I agree... but, I wonder how many new owners have read:

1) The Owner's Manual (my dealer gave me the manual when I put the deposit on my car... so I had a couple of days to read it before the car was ready).

2) The Uberpost (free, informative, massively useful)

3) The Service Manuals (not free, but for $25 you can download them all to your computer... worth every penny, IMHO).

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I agree... but, I wonder how many new owners have read:

1) The Owner's Manual (my dealer gave me the manual when I put the deposit on my car... so I had a couple of days to read it before the car was ready). ...
With all the stickers pasted all over the car, they should have a prominent one pasted on the steering wheel: "RTFM, First!".

Who would have thought it would take four pages to describe how to lock/unlock the doors? Yet people are always complaining about a door lock not working or being locked out of their car. Or, how many cars have you owned where you had to go through incantations to sync your fobs (or even heard of the concept)? And, speaking of incantations, how about starting your car if the fob doesn't work? That one's a beauty.

You really need to read the manual on this car (and the the others that apk919 mentioned).

And to the OP: Things are loose and more will become loose/fall off. The good news is after a year or two, you will have found them all and taken care of them (or be happily driving some other car).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts