The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Guys I need a solution for my car, the rpm keeps playing up and down then the car shuts :shrug: I took it to the dealer but unfortunately they didn't know what is the fault!!!!

It a 2009 exige S240 and it has headers,quicksilver exhaust,RLS intercooler,clutch,radiator and oil cooler.

Not tuned.

Please help..

·
Registered
973 Posts
Have you checked for vacuum leaks?
Its a leak, if not vacuum check the coolant lines could just be air in the lines. I have seen this many many times before.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Definitely sounds like vacuum leak

·
Registered
667 Posts
I agree that it could be a vacuum leak or faulty MAF, but when my '08 had a problem like this I couldn't find a vacuum or exhaust leak, and the MAF was clean. Finally gave up, car was undrivable, so I flatbed trailered it to the dealer, and they fixed it by cleaning the MAF and throttle body electrical connectors with "Stabilant 22" (a shockingly expensive electrical contact cleaner). Can't say for sure, but my guess is that the throttle controller connection was the culpret since the TPS and MAF signals had looked OK. Regardless, just cleaning the electrical connectors fixed it.

HTH,

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
when a dirty MAF lies to you, everything looks great.
clean the MAF first. then do other stuff.
you can buy safe cleaner for the MAF.
automotive stores will have it.

good luck next time.
sam

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The dealer deducted the fault,the headers was not fixed properly,that's why there was a leak on it.

But still I am getting the engine light with the same exhaust code.

Please help with the solution as I had fixed the extension on the O2 sensors bu unfortnetly the check engine came again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts