The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of years ago, someone (TimMullen?) posted a chart of RPMs, Speed, and gears. IIRC, gears made up the X axis, RPMs of 1k(?) intervals made up the Y, and wheel speed was where the values intersected. Does anyone have this chart, or remember it? I tried searching for it, but I don't know what it was called. If anyone has it, could you please post it? I've meant to search/ask for it for a long time, but finally remembered to do so. The search didn't work out. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Speed in Gear spreadsheet is even better than the chart I was looking for. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
The Speed in Gear spreadsheet is even better than the chart I was looking for. Thanks.
I developed a simple extract from the '05 manual and did a spreadsheet based on the information in the Owners Manual. Note the mph/1000 rpm figure from the manual (all they give is to the nearest tenth). The arrows show reasonably quick shifts and the point at which the next gear engages. Blue = casual around-town/highway driving. Red = on-track/very spirited driving.

If anyone would like the original Excel spreadsheet to be able to print a crisp copy, PM me.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts