The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased my 2005 elise a few days ago. Noticed the RPM light that should light when suggesting a gear shirt just stays lit red constantly. Why is this? Way to reset it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Just purchased my 2005 elise a few days ago. Noticed the RPM light that should light when suggesting a gear shirt just stays lit red constantly. Why is this? Way to reset it?

Thanks!
Check battery and alternator connections. Also check the battery voltage not running (12.6V), running (14.8V)
Michael

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,770 Posts
On a similar note, any idea why it would flicker on when you hit bumps?

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Are you the same guy asking about water and stuttering? You don't need to keep yelling at us with all caps on the titles.

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,770 Posts
Again, a connection problem.
Michael
That would make sense since I remember my battery connector was loose. It has been fixed, and I will see if it has disappeared now!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If its not the connection what else could this be? Its literally on at all times, when the cars off, when its running. Ect

·
Premium Member
11,993 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
he said pull the fuses, not test them...as far as I can see.

Pull one check light. If no change, pull next one.
Ok ill do that today. If i pull one and light goes out what should I do next? assuming it will not operate at all with fuse unplugged. I dont remember seeing the red light turn off at all when pulling the fuse but It might have with the F11 fuse. Will re-check.

·
Premium Member
11,993 Posts
You will check that circuit (which turns off the light) for shorts, as SirLotus recommended.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts