The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the Flow Lotus dealership in North Carolina install my Innokenetic RTD2 Toelink kit. I am in the middle of a suspension refresh and it appears that the installer damaged the threads of one of the bolts that connect to the lower A-arms. The bolt snapped on removal and now I need to replace it. Does anyone have the specifications for the bolt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,397 Posts
I had the Flow Lotus dealership in North Carolina install my Innokenetic RTD2 Toelink kit. I am in the middle of a suspension refresh and it appears that the installer damaged the threads of one of the bolts that connect to the lower A-arms. The bolt snapped on removal and now I need to replace it. Does anyone have the specifications for the bolt?

Look at the head markings. That will tell you what kind of bolt it is (8.8, 10.9, 12.9 etc.) Take a pic and post it. Why is the bolt bent in addition to the other obvious damage?

San

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The installer appeared to have hammered the bolt through the orifice thereby damaging the threads and attempting to fix the bolt with an impact gun. To get it off, I had to torque the heck out of it.
The bolt is a grade 10.9 SFC, 3/8” shaft and 3 1/4” to the first thread. I just don’t know the total length due to the deformity of removing it.

·
508 Posts
After seeing what he did there you may want to consider refreshing all of your mounting hardware at the same time if you're going to the trouble of replacing your bushings.

·
508 Posts

·
508 Posts

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
The bolt is a grade 10.9 SFC, 3/8” shaft and 3 1/4” to the first thread. I just don’t know the total length due to the deformity of removing it.

I would think that it’s a 10mm metric bolt, not a 3/8” standard. Measure it correctly, it’s a VERY important part of the suspension.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Well, it's Class 10.9, not "Grade 8" or any grade matter, so it's a Metric bolt and not SAE/Imperial.
Factory bolt for there is M10 x 120 x 1.25, so I'd use that info and go from there. Yours could be shorter or longer because it's aftermarket.

Or just call up InoKinetic. They've been immensely helpful.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Stacy from InoKinetic was super responsive and I got new bolts in two days. I ordered an entire suspension bolt kit from them as well. Phenomenal service!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts