The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will have my Nitrons installed hopefully next week, also probably removing front shims. Then I will get the car corner balanced/lower ride height/aligned.
For safety, I’m thinking about upgrading my rear toe link: RTVbrace from Sector111 or something like that. Not sure if I will do this right away or doing it during the big winter sleep for my Elise.
Question: after installing a RTVbrace: do I need to get my car corner balanced again. If that’s the case, I better install it right now.

·
Registered
606 Posts
The RTV brace shouldn't affect your cornerbalancing, but as you are removing the stock toelinks and replacing with the Sector links and brace, you will be disturbing the rear toe. The install instructions for the RTV brace recommend having an alighment done, but if you are sure to take a measurement from the subframe to a pre-determined reference point on the rear uprights where the toelink attaches, that should get you very close and enable you to drive it to an alignment shop after the install is complete. PM me if you have any more questions...

- Allen.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
To be simple...with out a doubt you will have to have a toe adjustment after it is installed.

Might as well do it all at once.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everybody for answers, I'll order a RTV brace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts