The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wonder what you guy recommend using on all the rubber seals especially around the doors to keep them soft and from not cracking.

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
303 protectant is what I use. I originally bought it for the sundeck of my Scarab boat as they claim it is "Aerospace Protectant really is like "SPF 40 Sunscreen ... For Your Stuff." Regular use gives 100% Prevention of UV caused slow-fade with regular use. No other "protectant" beautifies as intensely, protects as powerfully or lasts as long." I have used it regularly and I have seen no fade or deterioration of the vinyl.

I also use it on the seals and gaskets of my various cars.

More info: 303 Products, Inc.: 303 Aerospace Protectant

·
Registered
667 Posts
I haven't tried 303, but I use Turtle Wax's "F21" and it works really well:

Amazon.com: Turtle Wax T-97R F21 Super Protectant - 20.8 oz.: Automotive

Also available at almost any automotive store. Protects really well for any rubber bits you want very glossy. You can use it on the interior leather too, but a bit too glossy and slippery for my liking in there. Better off with Lexol and some Armor All in there.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Go over to Griotsgarage.com. They have all kinds of great products to clean and take care of your car. For the rubber seals they have a rubber cleaner called "Rubber Prep" that strips off all of the "dead" rubber and silicones and wax. To protect the rubber they have Vinyl & Rubber Dressing.
David Teitelbaum

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the responses! 5 different ones.
I guess I will them all a shot over time and see what works best.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Gummi Pflege by 1Z. German stuff. Comes w/applicator. Not cheap but good, Blocks UV too.
I use to use that stuff at BMW, then they stopped making it, it was the best stuff I have ever used on seals, and lasts a long time. I wish they would go back to it.

·
Nein Kinder
1,568 Posts
Really old-timey rubber cleaner/conditioner is glycerine. Get it at your drug store. I put some on a damp rag and wipe the rubber door seals down. Works good and no squeaks.

Glen

1 - 16 of 16 Posts