The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally received my second hand gull wing roof here in Australia and it doesn't have the rubber strips on it to keep out the rain. Does anyone know where I could get some that would do the job? THANKS!! ED

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
I finally received my second hand gull wing roof here in Australia and it doesn't have the rubber strips on it to keep out the rain. Does anyone know where I could get some that would do the job? THANKS!! ED
You'll likely have to be creative in fabricating something.

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Sorry to be such a "dummo" but how do I do that? Is there some sort or kit or something? THANKS ED
I've not had one in my hands, so...
I do know very few were made, no more are being made, and they were not weather tight to begin with. Best to try to get some workable weatherstripping from your auto parts store,

·
Registered
905 Posts
at auto parts stores here in the states they sell rubber weather stripping that fits on the edges of parts. Looks similar to what's used on the sides of the hard tops above the windows. I put some around the edges of my CF side scoops. I'd check and see if they have the same thing over there as that might do the trick.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
OldFella,
Why not try to contact HKFever, maybe he can do a "swap" with you. He can fabricate some molds off your fiberglass parts, and figure out some seals for the ones you have. This way, everyone wins.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I finally found something that will probably do the trick! But, they still to be delivered from UK. Go to Sealsplusdirect.co.uk & there you will find profiles SRS 1706 and HHS624 - these look exactly what I want and for 4 metres of each cost 30.28 pounds + shipping all up....can't wait to see if they work but at the moment the roof is at the panel beaters being sprayed and fitted. Hope this works?....CHEERS ED

1 - 7 of 7 Posts