The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 242 Posts

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
New rule in effect June 23, 2020

All new members must post an introduction in the New Member Introduction forum, otherwise we will assume you are a spammer or a scammer. Any new member that does not post an introduction within 48 hours of account creation will receive a reminder message from a Moderator, if there is no response, your account will be erased.

Please introduce yourself, location, what would you like to learn, Lotus you own or Lotus you want to purchase. Your location will help to connect with other Lotus owners in your area.
Pictures of your Lotus are encouraged.

If you do not post an introduction, or respond to message from a moderator, your account will be erased, this is due to the high volume of spammers and scammers that have been causing problems lately. This is a rule to protect our community and an opportunity for you to meet other members as well. This rule will be strictly enforced, so if you are too lazy to post an intro, your account will be erased.

If a new member fails to post an introduction within 48 hours they will be deleted as being suspected of being a spammer.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,940 Posts
It is also helpful if new (and old) members go to ACCOUNT SETTINGS>ACCOUNT DETAILS>and fill in your general LOCATION and VEHICLE DETAILS. :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. Name is Pat. I live in SE Michigan. Always been a fan of cars, especially small, lightweight cars. Looking to get an Evora S sometime within the next year hopefully and so I joined to see classifieds, load my brain up on information about the cars and see what I should look out for as the Evora will be purchased used. I would also love to see what kinds of mods, if any, would be available. Have had 3 Miatas and a Civic Type R for sports cars. I’ve wanted a Lotus since the Espirit and figured it’s about time I get one.

·
Registered
3 Posts

All new members must post an introduction, otherwise we will assume you are a spammer or a scammer.

Please introduce yourself, location, what would you like to learn, Lotus you own or Lotus you want to purchase. Your location will help to connect with other Lotus owners in your area.

If you do not post an introduction, or respond to message from a moderator, your account will be erased, this is due to the high volume of spammers and scammers that have been causing problems lately. This is a rule to protect our community and an opportunity for you to meet other members as well. This rule will be strictly enforced, so if you are too lazy to post an intro, your account will be erased.

Hello everyone, my name is Maciej and I am 16. I'm from south Poland and I love cars. When I was very young my parents bought me book with best vehicles ever made (pictures and their descriptions). I really liked the Lotus Elise when I first time saw it and I asked my dad every time when we were reading this book to read me about Lotus, this was my childhood dream car and first spark, before my huge automotive passion today. I am here after long, long way of learning about different things about cars. I am here to renew my love to Lotus Cars. I am here without any idea what do I want to do with my life in near future, and I am here to search for help. What should I do next? I never fixed a car, I do not know nearly nothing about technical side of cars. Is there is any hope, anything that I should start doing? I will end high school in 2023, I need Your help me to decide what to do next... Thank You 😄

·
Administrator
2,035 Posts

All new members must post an introduction, otherwise we will assume you are a spammer or a scammer.

Please post on your profile page .

Reactions: Maciej Wełna

·
Administrator
2,035 Posts
Daily bump for all the new members

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello Lotus Talk,

I’m brand new here even though I’ve been lurking for sometime and I live in Arroyo Grande, California just south of San Luis Obispo.

I just graduated from a Masters program and as a gift to myself am trying to upgrade my Miata to an Elise.

looking forward to utilizing the collective knowledge on here as my ownership journey evolves.

Ian

·
Administrator
2,035 Posts
Just a reminder everyone that there is a new member introduction section as well as your own about me to post your intro's. Those of you that have received a reminder from us will see your profile get deleted if you do not post an intro.

·
Administrator
2,035 Posts
Weekly bump and attention all new members you must post an introduction within 48 hours of joining. If not you will be deleted and suspected of being a scammer.

Reactions: Kubera

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone! I'm interested in learning more about Lotus generally, Elise specifically. I'm on my 2nd and 3rd Miatas. I like small, simple cars. On the market for a good Elise, but maybe a little nervous about potential body damage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, I bought an Elise S1 1997 some months ago and am very eager to learn more about our beautiful cars. 😉

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey.
My name is Denis. I am 41. I live near Moscow, Russia. I do not own now and did not own any of Lotus car before. And I'm not a fan of the brand. Because I'm not a fanatic of anything at all. I do not like fanaticism. But I love quality things and love beautiful things. Lotus Esprit is a very beautiful thing. And since it has ceased to be too expensive, it has also become a probable target for acquisition. But I can’t look at this car exclusively in pink glasses. Is Esprit a good thing too? This can't be found in enthusiastic superficial reviews in articles or YouTube. This can only be learned from people who actually know and use this car. Therefore, I'd like to be able to get acquainted here with the nuances and features of cars of this brand, learn from the experience of others and possibly share some of my modest experience. I did not own sports cars, but I had several personal cars in my possession, plus I have a M.E. degree (but honestly I've moved in construction and architecture area).
I hope you let me stay and get to know you.
Have a good day!

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@markdeloma Hi Denis, welcome to our community, you will learn a lot about the Esprit here from members that are Esprit owners and fans.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
207 Posts
I am Forbes, been lusting after the Elise for nearly 20 years now, and finally bought a Laser Blue 2005 Elise a few weeks ago. Sold my old 1995 Miata right before, so it's a bit of a change! So far I have disabled the immobilizer, and found today the posts about how to unplug/remove the alarm as well so I can hopefully get the tell tale light to stop flashing at me. I've already learned a lot from this forum, and am excited to continue to learn about these amazing cars!

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@BForbes
Welcome to Lotus Talk, you can post in the Elise section and you will get the help you need to disable the flashing dash light.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
207 Posts
@BForbes
Welcome to Lotus Talk, you can post in the Elise section and you will get the help you need to disable the flashing dash light.
I already researched it and think I know what I need to due thanks to previous posts. Just need to make the time for it now and make sure not to slice my hand off reaching through to get to the alarm! But if I get stuck I will be sure to reach out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi All! I'm Eric, 27 out of Philly. Have wanted a lotus for 10+ years now and decided it's time to start making that dream a reality. Looking to buy an Elise come spring 2021, so figured I'd join now, start looking known issues, buying guides, maintenance, etc.

Currently daily (and track the hell out of) a MINI Cooper GP1. Shameless plug (hope allowed) to latest track day fun up at New York Safety Track--

Looking forward to switching to Lotus and meeting some of you!

1 - 20 of 242 Posts