The Lotus Cars Community banner
821 - 840 of 1048 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Get your post count up and maybe post a WTB for what you're looking for. Sign up for notifications on all sites that offer that. Good cars properly priced don't last long and depending on color and model can be gone in minutes on here.
No doubt hey. Especially being Canadian it's even more challenging. Although with the 15-year import freedom that means northern states are on the radar too. Thanks for the insight!

·
Administrator
5,945 Posts
No doubt hey. Especially being Canadian it's even more challenging. Although with the 15-year import freedom that means northern states are on the radar too. Thanks for the insight!
Search for threads from other Canadians and their experiences it might give you some insight.

Reactions: BradS2000

·
Registered
8 Posts
Off and On member since back around 2007-2008, forgot my account probably inactive but back in last year (2020 ) as re doing my 2005 LOTUS ELISE, bringing it up to spec with current sports cars on the road.

Name Todd live in Palm Beach County Florida, as noted have 2005 lotus elise with sports package and cruising package hard top original owner Lifestyle Metallic Graphite grey ( Gunmetal )
I just drive the car for leisure road use,

Upgrade radio for 2nd time to 1 Din with 10" touch screen Dasaita Android headunit ( sweet )
Screen adjusts side to side and up and down may interfere slightly with access to center A/C vents and or A/C control knobs below ( No biggy for me)
With above Android head unit can do the following: ( have 3 way OBD2 splitter )
-TPMS on screen with internal sensors
-OBD2 monitor car and diagnose motor issues
-360 degree birds eye view camera system
-GAWR tied into OBD2 and Android head unit, and have reverse cam show up on GAWR display
-Attach Sim card to add wifi hotspot in car
-Waze Navigation with GPS
-GPS location system using app and SIM card
-Accent LED interior lighting system controlled by Android headunit

2005 seats suck, uncomfortable as hell. Plan custom Corbeau Le pro lotus seats, adding cooling fan air vents, heating and inflatable massage and inflate lumber support, controlled by Android app by wifi low voltage DC controller switch system, mounted under seat. Will raise seat as noted on Sands Museum on 1 inch 6060 25 mmx 3mm hollow aluminum square bars.
In front of Passenger seat mounted Dry chemical extinguisher ELEMENT 50 fire extinguisher

Parking sensor system front and back
Switching all lights minus interior lights out to LEDs 6000K cool white
LED FOG lights ( debating not 100% sure will do this )

Rear approaching vehicle and blind spot warning system USA spec.com BSM 200 ( Lotus elise classic for "LARGE blind spot" with all standard mirror's )
Speaking of side mirrors side mirror changing to GREG'S wide angle glass, behind glass repeater LED turn signal <<< >>> also putting blind spot warning LED behind mirror so avoid cars in blind spot when changing lanes. Lastly in side mirror under body side camera(s) and LOTUS LOGO courtesy puddle lights which will come on and stay on for 50 seconds ( time is adjustable ) trigged by unlocking the car

In Florida rainy season lasts Jan through Dec (lol) ditching the custom Yokohama tires great on dry pavement but slippery as hell on any wet roads switch to Continental EXTREMECONTACT DWS06 contact plus. Front 205/45 R16, Rear 225/45 R17 ( was going to do REAR 235/45 R16 but chickened out after conflicting reviews of tires rubbing)
tires excellent reviews on wet dry and even snow handling.
PENSKE DOUBLE-ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS with hand knob 250F/350R for a Lotus on rails for smooth road driving ( smooth as can be for Lotus Elise) Thanks to Black Watch racing and Fred ( for guidance)

Stainless steel Brake line replacements
Red Stuff Brake pads
New drilled Brake rotors
Re paint Brake calipers red ( mine or flaking)

Future non immediate work ****
Rear clam shell Hinge with Battery holder ( will wire in bracket into trunk with a boat Trolling motor plug for Trickle charging while in storage)
****Eventually BOE REV 400 turbo kit with adjusted ECU programing and BOE ST-5 Muffler

**** New Radiator and hoses to replace original Gregsraceparts.com RED hoses for Hot water BLUE hoses for Cool water
**** 2007 Elise SC ( also Type 72D elise ) Original Lotus spoiler ( looking for one if someone has one for sale Part # A121B0144F )
*** Custom HUD built into front of Instrument Calow to project up on windshield ( Need old Lotus 2005 Calow used, beat up even if sides are broken need main center intact to fabricate prototype) Willing to pay minor amount for old discarded one. The HUD system plugs into OBD2 port will show GPS directions and speed and RPM on windshield ( oh Yea) Maybe Greg from Gregsraceparts.com will partner up with me on this one.
**** repaint car Original paint from 2005 showing its age.

·
Administrator
5,945 Posts
Welcome back to LT Todd! Nicely equipped Elise going next level! I use the DWS as well for cold and/or wet weather love them!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey All, I’m Hau from Austin, TX, and I’m currently on the market to purchase my first Lotus with an Elise.

·
Administrator
5,945 Posts
Hey All, I’m Hau from Austin, TX, and I’m currently on the market to purchase my first Lotus with an Elise.
Welcome to LT Hau! After three days and ten posts you'll be able to enter the Marketplace as well as send/receive PM's. You may want to place a WTB and be sure to opt for notifications from all sites that offer it. GLWS

Reactions: nothau

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all. I live an hour west of Philadelphia near Pottstown. Just bought a 2006 exige. I have already learned a ton just searching through the threads on here. I'm currently returning the car from a caged track purpose built car to a more friendly street car.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
5,945 Posts
Hi all. I live an hour west of Philadelphia near Pottstown. Just bought a 2006 exige. I have already learned a ton just searching through the threads on here. I'm currently returning the car from a caged track purpose built car to a more friendly street car.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Welcome to LT! Congratulations on your new Exige! Good luck on your project.

Reactions: s14newb

·
Registered
2005 Elise S2 USDM Canyon Thrasher
2 Posts
Hello! Just snagged an 05 Elise from a farm with a spotted past.
However owner let me take the car apart for a couple days before I decided to buy it and it turned out to be a really solid chassis and engine.
Happy to be a part of this community. Have had an Elise on the favorite car list for many years.

·
Administrator
5,945 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Lotus Evora GT, Monaco white with red and black plus Carbon Pack
7 Posts
Hi there Lotus fanatics! I am new to Lotus Talk since I just bought a 2020 Evora GT about 2 weeks ago. Bought it with 450 miles on it, and it just turned 2,000 miles yesterday. I look forward to chatting with all of you. I will post pics soon.

·
Administrator
5,945 Posts
Hi there Lotus fanatics! I am new to Lotus Talk since I just bought a 2020 Evora GT about 2 weeks ago. Bought it with 450 miles on it, and it just turned 2,000 miles yesterday. I look forward to chatting with all of you. I will post pics soon.

Welcome to LT Dan! Congratulations on your new GT!

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige S240 - 270hp - full options
2 Posts
I am driving a lotus for the last 5 years. About 100’000Km with an Exige V6 then an S240. My preference for the S240 because it is better for little Alpes roads. I made a lot of changes on it and a lot will be done next week.

·
Administrator
5,945 Posts

·
Administrator
5,945 Posts
hi, im lurking while i finish up and sell off some projects so i can pounce on the next steal here.

aaron
Welcome to LT Aaron! Sorry I missed you earlier.

·
Registered
'07 Lotus Elise - Chrome Orange | '07 997 Turbo | '05 C55 AMG | '93 RX-7 (FD)
3 Posts
Hi everyone,

Been a Elise owner for about 2.5 yrs now and been a long time lurker. I had a '06 CO Elise with touring and sport pack in Toronto, Canada. 'Had' because the car was recently involved in an incident, and I'm now looking to get back in another Elise.

In the meantime, thanks to the LT community for all the helpful tips and reference materials over the years!

·
Administrator
5,945 Posts
Welcome to LT! Sorry to hear about your car.

821 - 840 of 1048 Posts