The Lotus Cars Community banner

101 - 120 of 155 Posts

·
Administrator
1,424 Posts
Welcome to LT Mike and congrats on ordering your GT!

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Hi! My name is Mike and I just ordered a 2020 Evora GT. I am 74 years old and this will be my fourth Lotus (an Elan +2 and two Europas, one of which I have owned since 1981!), so I am well aware of the reliability and idiosyncrasies of cars built in Hethel. I traded in a 2015 C7 Corvette for the Evora so it will have to pick up the role of long distance multi-day traveler previously filled by the 'Vette. Thanks for accepting me into the forum and I look forward to participating.
Hey Mike! Welcome to Lotus Talk!

·
Registered
2013 Elise CR
3 Posts
Hi I’m from Tokyo.
I recently bought a 1.6L naturally aspirated 2013 Elise ClubRacer.

I’m new to this lotus family.
owning one of a lotus has been my dream ever since I moved to UK when I was 12 y.o.
It’s definitely one of my dream come true so really looking forward to taking my Elise to tracks and mountain roads.

My previous car was a Honda S660.
Seems like this really got me into the lightweight small car thing... :)

I do not have the elise in my hand yet until mid-september 2020.:oops:

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Hi I’m from Tokyo.
I recently bought a 1.6L naturally aspirated 2013 Elise ClubRacer.

I’m new to this lotus family.
owning one of a lotus habeen my dream ever since I moved to UK when I was 12 y.o.
It’s definitely one of my dream come true so really looking forward to taking my Elise to tracks and mountain roads.

My previous car was a Honda S660.
Seems like this really got me into the lightweight small car thing... :)

I do not have the elise in my hand yet until mid-september 2020.:oops:
Welcome to LT! The wait will be worth it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,

I'm a longtime Lotus nerd and am looking to finally take the plunge with an Esprit S4 or S4S. Been on the lookout for a while, hoping the right one shows up soon!

Best,

Travis

·
Administrator
1,424 Posts
Welcome to LT! GLWS for an Esprit. You may want to jump into the Esprit forums to the left of your icon in upper right very knowledgeable and you can learn a lot.. Be sure to get your posts in so that you'll be able to list and reply in the Marketplace.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi all,
Longtime anglophile / new Lotus nerd hoping to learn while shopping for just the right Elise S2. Plan to drive it daily unless it’s snowing. The hunt continues.
Best.

·
Administrator
1,424 Posts
Welcome to LT Dave! Great place to learn about your perfect Elise and what to look for when purchasing and how to maintain.

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige S
1 Posts
Hello,
I’m ian from Singapore. I just bought an S2 exige and I would like to know what kind of wear & tear parts I should take note of. I will be rebuilding the interior and respraying the exterior. Maybe some engine mods too.
Apparently the previous owners have done some engine stuffs and I’m not sure what’s this.

·
Administrator
1,424 Posts
Welcome to LT! Looks like you've had some Kom-Tec mods done.

Reactions: ianexigesg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all, Chris here from Rochester, Michigan. After building/restoring all types of cars, I decided to buy a 2007 Exige and just have fun with it. As luck would have it, all used cars need something and this one needs 4 new hubs, replacement carpet retainers, and maybe some work to the A/C. To really get to know the car, I picked it up in Phoenix and drove it back to Michigan. 40 hours behind the wheel of an Exige is right up there with endurance racing, especially when the rear hubs want to do the steering!
This shot is from Very Large Array, New Mexico (that's the name on the map!) right before we headed north to Pike's Peak.

·
Administrator
1,424 Posts
Hey all, Chris here from Rochester, Michigan. After building/restoring all types of cars, I decided to buy a 2007 Exige and just have fun with it. As luck would have it, all used cars need something and this one needs 4 new hubs, replacement carpet retainers, and maybe some work to the A/C. To really get to know the car, I picked it up in Phoenix and drove it back to Michigan. 40 hours behind the wheel of an Exige is right up there with endurance racing, especially when the rear hubs want to do the steering!
This shot is from Very Large Array, New Mexico (that's the name on the map!) right before we headed north to Pike's Peak.
View attachment 1269261
Welcome to LT. Both BWR and Inokintics have hubs much better price than OEM

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm Bryan. Located in NJ, Just trying to learn more about the Lotus Elise, the car I would like to purchase. Currently have a few cars on my list, but the Elise is at the top. Looking for that raw, visceral driving experience aka something that really drives like a gokart. It seems like the Lotus Elise is the best option for that (not considering kit-cars). Have considered the cayman, brz/frs, and RF miata but they all have the modern car problem of being too disconnected from the road. Not a fan of the full convertible NA/NB miata. 80s/90s cars are a good alternative (looking at AW11 MR2, 240sx, AE86, 944) but some are heavier than i'd like (i'd say 2600lbs is my limit) or lack any safety features like airbags. So it seems like the Elise is my only option for around 30k. If anyone can think of any alternatives I'm all ears.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello I’m Daye kang from Korea and I am here to help my family member purchasing car stuff. I actually do not know much about car but biggest reason I am here for is to purchase. Thank you!

101 - 120 of 155 Posts