The Lotus Cars Community banner

121 - 140 of 155 Posts

·
Administrator
1,454 Posts
Hello I’m Daye kang from Korea and I am here to help my family member purchasing car stuff. I actually do not know much about car but biggest reason I am here for is to purchase. Thank you!
Welcome to LT! Be sure to get your ten posts in before replying or listing in the Marketplace.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, I’m Jordan from Houston. Joined because I’m on the hunt for my first Lotus. Found a great looking one in the marketplace and now I need to get some posts in quick so I can jump on it.

·
Administrator
1,454 Posts
Welcome to LT Jordan you are good to post!

·
Administrator
1,454 Posts
Pm you

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello, my name is Mo and I'm from Northern California. I recently jumped in the car market after my MBZ lease expired and want to go in another direction this time. I've mostly been test driving GT's but on a whim I rented an Evora on Turo and I am hooked! Compared to what I have usually driven (M5, RS6) the Evora is a go kart, I can only imagine what fun an Exige/Elise must be if I could fit. I'm on the taller side and have always struggled finding sports cars that I am comfortable in, I was shocked how roomy an Evora is once inside. I'm still undecided on what I want to buy but an Evora 400 is a front runner. Joined so I can read and learn. Just from the past few days of reading posts, I can tell the Lotus owners are a different breed and the type of car people I like to hang with.

·
Administrator
1,454 Posts
Welcome to LT Mo! Best place to learn all about Lotus before pulling the trigger

·
Registered
2005 Elise Sportpackage
7 Posts
Hello,

My name is Dave and I live in the Boston area.

I recently bought a 2005 Elise Sportpackage. I've was thinking about buying an Elise for the last few years and finally pulled the trigger last month. I bought the car because I wanted a low horsepower good handling car that will allow me to become a better drive faster. I also have a 911 turbo and a Subaru BRZ, which aren't bad cars but .... I have my SCCA license and really liked the F2000's at the school and the Elise seems like a reasonable compromise.

I have really enjoyed LT so far!

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise, Storm Titanium / red leather
36 Posts
Hello, my name is (also) Dave. I live near Kingston, NY -- about 100 miles north of NYC.

I am considering purchase of an Elise. I have been lurking here for info for a while, I just registered to ask a question about a potential purchase.

I have loved the "idea" of an Elise for a long time. I am all about the driving experience. I believe in the saying "it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow." Not that an Elise is "slow", but in my experience I can have more fun driving a car like "in the vicinity" of the speed limit.

I'm a long time VW guy, dabbled in Porsche with a 944 Turbo S. My current "play" car is a 2006 Audi A3 with the VR6 engine (obvious ties to my VW roots).

I've done some autocrossing and track events in the past (last in 2004), and am looking to get back into that -- autocross first.

Anyway, that's a lot to post before I've actually pulled the trigger :) look for my post on that...

·
Administrator
1,454 Posts
Welcome to LT Dave! Think of an Elise as a quick car that handles well. Find someone in your area to take you for a ride and you'll see. Great place to learn everything you'll need to know before pulling the trigger.

·
Administrator
1,454 Posts
Hello,

My name is Dave and I live in the Boston area.

I recently bought a 2005 Elise Sportpackage. I've was thinking about buying an Elise for the last few years and finally pulled the trigger last month. I bought the car because I wanted a low horsepower good handling car that will allow me to become a better drive faster. I also have a 911 turbo and a Subaru BRZ, which aren't bad cars but .... I have my SCCA license and really liked the F2000's at the school and the Elise seems like a reasonable compromise.

I have really enjoyed LT so far!
Welcome to LT Dave! Congrats on your Elise purchase you'll love it when you get it on the track!

Reactions: dsudlik

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
4 Posts
Hello everyone, my name is Maciej and I am 16. I'm from south Poland and I love cars. When I was very young my parents bought me book with best vehicles ever made (pictures and their descriptions). I really liked the Lotus Elise when I first time saw it and I asked my dad every time when we were reading this book to read me about Lotus, this was my childhood dream car and first spark, before my huge automotive passion today. I am here after long, long way of learning about different things about cars. I am here to renew my love to Lotus Cars. I am here without any idea what do I want to do with my life in near future, and I am here to search for help. What should I do next? I never fixed a car, I do not know nearly nothing about technical side of cars. Is there is any hope, anything that I should start doing? I will end high school in 2023, I need Your help me to decide what to do next... Thank You 😄
Tak dobra My girl is from Zamosc. I would build a Syrena hot rod. Way cool in U.S.A. I have an 2006 Elise. Yet the Syrena would be a super car to start with. Over here it is like a 1960's street rod, hard to find. Keep your dream alive

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! I am Ye from China, and I'm interested in the only lotus sold in China, Evora GT410 Sport. I want to know more about lotus since there are too few Lotus owners in China.

·
Administrator
1,454 Posts
Hi! I am Ye from China, and I'm interested in the only lotus sold in China, Evora GT410 Sport. I want to know more about lotus since there are too few Lotus owners in China.
Welcome to LT Ye! Plenty to learn about Lotus on here but this is primarily a US based site and we get limited Lotus offerings so you may want to look into SELOC as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I am a new member awaiting delivery of a new-to-me 2013 Evora S with 10k km. I am making a switch from a 997 turbo to the Evora. Looking forward to a lighter, more nimble and mid-engined car. I also have a McLaren 570 spider and see the Evora as a mini McLaren in many ways. I plan to drive it year round so it will need to be equipped for winter as it will see snow. I have been devouring various sub forms learning much more about the car and plan to at least make a head unit change shortly. Looking forward learning more and contributing to lotus talk. Steve

·
Administrator
1,454 Posts
Welcome to LT Steve! I bet that you're anxiously awaiting your Evora!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all! My name is Justin, I'm in NE FL. I'm a long time fan of Lotus cars since I first played Gran Turismo back on the PS1 and was introduced to one of the best cars of the decade, the 90s Espirt way back in day. When the 05 Elise debuted I was in love. Of course I couldn't buy one new back when it was released. But hopefully a new to me Elise will be in my cards in the not to distant future. I would like to learn about them and talk to owners.

PS Chrome Orange is Color#1, convince me otherwise...

·
Administrator
1,454 Posts
Hello all! My name is Justin, I'm in NE FL. I'm a long time fan of Lotus cars since I first played Gran Turismo back on the PS1 and was introduced to one of the best cars of the decade, the 90s Espirt way back in day. When the 05 Elise debuted I was in love. Of course I couldn't buy one new back when it was released. But hopefully a new to me Elise will be in my cards in the not to distant future. I would like to learn about them and talk to owners.

PS Chrome Orange is Color#1, convince me otherwise...
Welcome to LT. LT is a great source of info on each of the models. Check out each of the forums and then focus on what you will need to know when it's time to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all! My name is Trey. I live in Raleigh, NC but grew up in the midwest. I've admired many models of Lotus over the years but have yet to purchase one. I am currently interested in picking up a Lotus Exige. I've historically owned german sports cars, several BMW M3s and a number of Porsche Gt3's and Gt3rs's. Given those models have all become bigger, heavier and more electronic it's sparked my interest in getting a proper, light weight mechanical car... enter the Exige.

·
Administrator
1,454 Posts
Hello all! My name is Trey. I live in Raleigh, NC but grew up in the midwest. I've admired many models of Lotus over the years but have yet to purchase one. I am currently interested in picking up a Lotus Exige. I've historically owned german sports cars, several BMW M3s and a number of Porsche Gt3's and Gt3rs's. Given those models have all become bigger, heavier and more electronic it's sparked my interest in getting a proper, light weight mechanical car... enter the Exige.
Welcome to LT Trey! I'm over in Elizabeth City be sure to check out the Exige and other sections that are very informative especially when on the hunt for a car.

121 - 140 of 155 Posts